Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Frustration...

thy name is Crusoe.

I cast-on again on one size larger needles. I knit loosely. I'm all the way through the heel.



It still won't pull up over my foot.



WHA...?

It has no stretch. But it's pretty! But it doesn't fit. But the pattern is easy! But it doesn't fit. But I'm through the heel! But it doesn't fit.

These are the insane thoughts going through my head. As though the attractiveness, simplicity, and nearness to completion of the single sock will magically overcompensate for its teeny-tiny size. Display sock?

Not even I could be so delusional to knit one- or worse, to have a matching set, two!- entire sock(s) that has(have) no hope of fitting me or anyone else I know- could I?

Tell me, fellow knitters, is there any hope this would fit once there aren't three pointy sticks coming out of it? I don't see it happening, but maybe, just maybe, if I hope and pray really hard...

I'm putting it aside for now. I've got the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy coming over to help me pick out a new sock pattern.

1 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

"If it doesn't fit, you must uhhhh... QUIT!" Punny aren't I? But the knitting woes aren't! I have a Knitty Gritty episode here with a comment about floats making knitting less stretchy. Without looking at the pattern and your work I would start with that as the possible cause. Sorry your sock is frustrating. Maybe it's best not to look at it for a while!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home