Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Eh?

Your weekend update!

I've finished the first of the purple-urple socks and am a quarter of the way through the next.

I've finished the body of the cabled green bag and only need to a) knit the straps b) seam the bottom together c) sew the straps on and d) line it. No problem!

Also, ladies, if you're married or living with someone, seeing someone, or basically have any partner in your life you're even a little bit fond of, I beg you, don't go see "Catch and Release," Jennifer Garner's new film. Because if you do, when you're not wondering over her ability to keep that pursed-lip, sucked-in cheeks expression of sad/hurt/anger, you will spend the whole time, sobbing over the loss of her fiance (they bury him the day she and he were SUPPOSED to get MARRIED- how sick is that?). At least that's what I did this afternoon! Not so much sobbing, but doing that tears streaming down the cheeks, snotty, gasping-hiccup crying just loud enough for the teenager in front of me, seeing the movie with her mom, to turn around every few minutes and shoot me nasty looks because, frankly, she's thrilled Jennifer's hooking up with her dead fiance's best friend. (Sidenote: The Hubba it turns out is not nearly so astute as the teenager. When we left the theater I asked him to check my face, certain I had one helluva set of Alice Cooper eyes, and he asked "why?" "Because of all the crying," I explained and he, who was sitting RIGHT NEXT TO ME, said "You were crying?")

Finally, Brooke, the thing? With the website? That we've been speaking about? I'm all over it, babe. At least, by all over it, I mean will no doubt start it tomorrow afternoon after the UT Men's basketball game. It's in good hands! No worries! Tho' we must speak of names for it...

And, on the same subject, blogsite updates are coming your way! Get excited!

And that is your weekend update.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YO! I am SOOOO excited to see this cable green purse, cuz I want one so bad. Where did you get the pattern for it or is it an original creation? Also the film sounds horrendous. Saw trailer for it when I was home and Kol and I just looked at each other and were like 'Not a chance are we seeing that'. Just thinking about anything happening to him and I feel a little shakey. Being long distance is the worst cuz I always worry the last memory we'll have of us together will be of me trying to convince the airplane ppl that all my shoes are essential and even if its over the weight limit I NEED it to fly! Sorry, the patented Pari rant, you know the kind...anyhoo, how are you and yours and tell me just how gorgeous wee Flora is in person :)

px

10:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm excited!!! names...hmmm...that's a good one...I'll do some pondering on that one today...I feel like we're going into business together! haha!! :P

1:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've signed up! I've signed up!! Woo-hoo!! What are your thoughts on a final swap or maybe a prize (s) for the best project (s)...even though I'm sure they'll all be the best :)Do you think that's too much for us first timers to handle?? I think we could handle one or the other...

Zoo- was totally awesome man!! The animals were all over the place- the weather was just perfect for it :)This is the time of year we can finally enjoy it here :P

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home