Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Socks, Colts and Bears- Oh My!

The lace socks are finished!


I must admit, I don't really care for the disembodied look of lower legs and socks; you see it all over knit blogs and I find it creepy. Still, it shows hand-knit socks in action, so I give you I Know What Your Socks Did Last Summer.



The bag (pictures not included) has all pieces made (some assembly required).

It seemed the perfect time to start two new projects!

The free yarn from Brooke came in this gorgeous colorway called Sweet Tarts. I've picked Crusoe from Knitty and while I'm really enjoying the pattern, the stranded stitch isn't showing up brilliantly. So I might be pulling out the ole' stand-by Sensational Knitted Socks for a different pattern (Did I not mention that? I got SKS AND Knitting Vintage Socks with the Christmas gift certificate Pops and Suz Knitter gave us- thanks, guys! A knitter's bestfriend- free pattern book money on Amazon!). So if the stranding doesn't start to pop, then it's good-bye Crusoe (for a later date), hello SKS!



I also picked up the yarn for the French Market bag to cast-on this weekend.

Again with this sudden purple fixation.

So there will be knitting this weekend. And... what else... what else? Oh! That's right.

THE COLTS ARE IN THE SUPERBOWL!

I've been hesitant to mention this for fear I'd brag about it, wake up and discover not only were the Patriots in the Superbowl, but they didn't even have to play another team, just stand around and wave while sports reporters bowed at their feet.

Turns out, the Colts are in the Superbowl. And our home would be the proudest Indianapolis-supporting house in the state of North Carolina if it weren't for the teeny-tiny fact

THE BEARS ARE IN THE SUPERBOWL!

That's all I can say about it right now. I'll post tomorrow (how could I not?) but for the moment I'll leave it at, I'm still a Colt (no matter how many of The Hubba's- clearly stupid- friends think I should come over to the side of the Bears because it's his team) and he's still a Bear and we're still on friendly terms, and tonight (in a spirit of camaraderie and good will I'm sure) we'll hammer out The Rules to the watching of the game, and, oh by the way, Georgie says "hi."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Love socks, they look great! Love the Sweet Tarts Yarn! Go Colts! Hey Georgie!

1:40 PM  
Blogger KnittyLynn said...

Socks look great and that French Market Pattern is great! I made it last year. :)

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home