Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Good Things Happen on Snow Days

We have a date.

J.K. announced a release date.

3 Reasons why this is spooky:
1. Knitty Yoda and I were just talking about this yesterday. Honestly. This time yesterday morning we were having this very discussion- when will it be released?- and she suggested maybe, oh please, oh please, if we cross our fingers and toes, the new book would come out this year. I said, maybe, but absolutely, with no doubt, definitely not July this year.

2. Because back when HBP came out, fans predicted the last book would be released this July, the seventh month in the 2007th year, on, perhaps, the seventh day. They were only a little off. I was certain they were wrong.

3. The Hubba, hopeful for me, suggested,way back when we saw GoF they would release the last book in the same month they released the film version of OotP. I laughed in his face.

Huh. So much for intuitive powers.

BUT WHO CARES? We have a date.

So Barkley and I have spent this snowy morning dancing around the house to DMB's version of Sweet Caroline.

I'll have knitting updates for later, but right now:

Dave, in his best Neil Diamond gravelly voice: "Sweet Caroline/The good times never seemed so good" [fans] "So good! So good! So good!"
BUM-BUM-BUUUM.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!
If I read each previuos book, each month until then, I will have completely refreshed myself for the last one.
I still plan on getting the audio version as read by Stephen Frye in addition to the book.
Now, where to preorder... The BAM in Fayetteville really knew how to throw a party for the Half Blood Prince. I may have to get mine there again.
Only 6 months to go!

I didn't know DMB covered any Neil Diamond songs. I'll have to listen to it sometime. (I'm a closet ND fan - all due to girl scouting. When we would camp out and sleep by the fire, my counselors would play his music. Ahh, memories.)

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home