Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Yarn, Yarn Everywhere but Is It Safe to Knit?

A Blog in Pictures and Few(er) Words:

Red Scarf Project Contribution

Knit 2, Purl 2 Pattern, Cast-On 1.11.07, Cast-Off 1.14.07



Plain Ol' Garter Stitch, Cast-On 1.14.07


Out of three hanks of Arauncania Nature Wool in "Berry" I managed to get two scarves total and are both about six inches wide and, when finished, will be about 60 inches long, just like the RSP people suggest.

My Sockret Pal's secret gift (I admit, I don't think of highly creative gifts- hey how about some yarn? is more my take- so she's receiving three skeins of Noro wool, Elizabeth Zimmerman's book, a pair of size 3 DPNs, and a hank of Brooke's fabulous hand-dyed sock yarn- would you like a side of yarn with that yarn?)



Speaking of Brooke's yarn... When it arrived it was wrapped like so



and when unwrapped



Isn't she a genius? I can't say how excited I am about casting-on ALL of these yarns! And I'm still to get "Sweet tarts" my free yarn to knit up fast and send pics to her.

Don't hate me because I'm yarniful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

sigh...I'm having separation anxiety...I miss Rainbow Sherbet...*grin* I have no idea what me obsession is with this one. I'm glad you have it though. I know it's in good hands :)

12:54 PM  
Blogger meg said...

LOVE all of that yarn. I can't wait to knit some of mine up. I only have one hank but I'm sure I'll purchase more. She has some great colors.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home