Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Superbowl XLI

The game that turns
husband



against



wife.

Brother



against



sister.

Manning against Urlacher.



OK. Manning against Urlacher.



It's the day. Less than three hours at this point. Here's what I'm hoping for (besides the obvious):
A close game. This should be exciting the most exciting Superbowl in ten years- or at least so says The Hubba and so it is law. Or something.
A good clean game. With these two teams head coaches, I expect total class from both sides of the field (and both sides of the Knitter home).
Good calls by the ref; mainly, I hope they stay out of the way.
A touchdown for Marvin Harrison.
And- second only to wanting a touchdown for Marvin- the game. To. Get. Here.

5 Comments:

Blogger JCarson said...

If I am as nervous as I already am and I'm not even playing in the game, imagine how the players feel. Imagine how Manning feels having been told repeatedly that "you can't win the big one."

Grossman has heard all year "good Rex, bad Rex..." Those guys have to be bundles of raw nerves.

Nevertheless, they will play and play well I believe. Just at the end of the day, this is the Colts year. As for a score, I think it will be close.

Hopefully, at the end, some of those old myths will be done away with.

Go Colts! Now let's group hug.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Beardie said...

In the end Bears win or Colts win I will still love you.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

That's great! Love the snaps! halftimes's over, gotta run!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Little Fire said...

OMG!! It was only my second superbowl ever but it was fun. The first quarter had me on the edge of my seat. was at a mates house, doing it up right with nachos and buffalo wings and since we are all musicians, waiting with bated breath Princes half time phenomenon! Boy OH BOY!! I was bummed tho, I was going for the Bears...sorry I know super bad, but the Colts put my beloved Patriots out and I have family in CHicago so (please God say my info was right there...if it wasnt, I'm so sorry...er...I'm foreign ;) hope you enjoyed the game! It's not soccer football, but American football is DEFINTELY growing on me :)

have been meaning to email you bout KAL and making links...grrr bad Pari. Congrats on your wonderful socks and its really interesting but I have also been going through a huge purple phase too! Great minds think alike :)

px

12:14 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Congrats on the outcome!
(Sorry to The Hubba!)

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home