Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Best Intentions, Eh?

In an oddly Martha Moment I decided to do cupcakes for Valentine's Day, some for The Hubba to take to work and some for me to take to the shop.

Not just cupcakes. PINK cupcakes. With a little help from Betty Crocker's white cake mix and assorted tubs of frosting and a bottle of red food coloring, I intended to really put the, er, Val? back in Valentine's. And when my pink cupcakes came out of the oven:



they were not so much pink cupcakes as cupcakes with a bad sunburn. The one time in my life, I'm not going for a Big Orange effect...well, you can see for yourself.

Luckily, in baked goods, unlike in knitting, even if the look isn't exactly what you hoped, as long as the construction is correct, the effect is the same.



Ask me how I know.



Happy Valentine's Day!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Oooooh dahling, it is better to taste good than to look good!

So good of you to give it a go!

I have come to the resolution that Iam not a baker! I can do many things "Martha" but I hung up my rolling pin a long time ago.

Ms. Knotty

3:45 PM  
Blogger Little Fire said...

you should be so proud of yourself this week! First an amazingly lovely handbag...Pari wants one so bad!!...and now buns! 'Wee buns' as we'd say in Northern Ireland (mean 'easy-peasy), 'You're class' (you're brilliant). But enough of the languages lesson for today :) You'll be so proud of me, I'm already half way through my first project for the Harry Potter KAL. Will you sign me up? I'm a Gryfinddor and would make a great prefect if you need one...I was a head Girl for my year at school and a prefect. OK, well I am off to bloggy...lots of pics to put up.

px

6:05 PM  
Blogger aksunflour said...

hmmm. Your cupcakes are probably way better than my fudge. Which is still sludge. Don't even think I can use it as filling.

Aksunflour or Janet is fine. I automatically get signed as aksundlour though.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUM!!! Hey how come I didn't notice any cupcakes when I stopped in? Ahhh hiding the goods are we now?

Hugs!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home