Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Annoucing the New Line of... Em Spade

The couture sweeping the hand-bag world:



Marc Jacobs ain't got nothin' on me. And did he hand-sew the lining into his bags?



I don't think so.

Thanks to Knitty Yoda and her unbelievable stash of fabric (seriously, y'all haven't seen a stash until you've seen Knitty Yoda's piles of fabric), I have an entirely finished project to report. The cabled bag, started right before Christmas, finished in body around the end of January, finally has all its pieces-parts in place and is an official accessory. One hundred percent done.

As soon I figure out where the buttonholes went.

I didn't loose them exactly; this being my first time with buttons, I assumed it would be easy to see the hole where I cast-off (British pattern, you know, got to use the pattern lingo). Turns out, not so easy. After a little sleuthing, Yoda and I thought we found at least two of the three.

Mind you, I think I just sewed a lining over the two that we found.

Did I mention the open-faced, button-free bag is in again?

Speaking of buttons, I've wanted to hold off on mentioning the Harry Potter KAL sweeping the blog world until I worked out a button. Unforunately, well, that's not happened. So as a pre-launch to the real launch which will definitely include a widget, I'll just mention if you click here, you'll see the start of the website Knitty Yoda and I are co-hosting. Of course, I'm knitting something in honor of Book Seven; what kind of fan do you think I am?!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

That is a GREAT looking bag! WAY TO GO!!!! HP KAL hugh? I may have to swap some stash in order to participate!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

0000000000000000I've an idea for the buttons.
There's a detail I neglected to consider when we were working on it.
Looks great!
Book 7 Here I come!
(Only about 80 pages left on MOA, then I can begin HP#1.)

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so love it. What pattern did you use?

Hugs!!!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home