Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Socks, Trucks, and Whatnot

"My God, that's all the way to Tennessee. She's gone all the way to Tennessee in a truck!" Norma Warren, Can't Wait to Get to Heaven, Fannie Flagg

Alright, it's not a truck, but it is a big SUV and I'm definitely on my way home this weekend. Hooray!

With that in mind (and a countdown to five pm, when I leave work and head home- hooray!) I distract you with a few pictures.

Remember the hank of blue-green yarn destined to be socks for my Sockret Pal? Here's a little swatch.



It's awesome! It makes me think of Nikes, I can't say why. But it's just awesome. And much, much too manly for my Pal. Instead The Hubba will be getting a pair of cool sneakers-inspired socks when time allows and in the meantime I picked up the Cascade Fixation Broadripple calls for and I give you le cuff:



Not too shabby, eh?

In non-knitting news, may I say, Bravo Dave! If you missed it, well... I did what I could.

And that's all I've got for now. Hope everyone on the road today is going to Tennessee too! If not, I'd definitely recommend a detour- it's worth it. And, only because it's no longer football season and because I beat this joke to death last fall, I won't give you any Rocky Top.



I'm just kidding.

ROCKY TOOOOP you'll always be
home sweet home to MEEEE-EEE!
Good old Rocky Top- WHOO!
Rocky Top Tennessee,
Rocky Top Tennesseeeee.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Look at you! You're a sock knitting machine!! How DO you do it, says I? *grin* I like the way your Nike socks are swatching- definitely manly mannish :) What a lucky hubba!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Maaannn! You are just whizzing through socks lately!
I think you have charmed your needles somehow.
Hope your trip goes well.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Mistress of Avalon:) I just sent you an email with a book discussion.

hugs

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home