Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Breaking News

Tonight, 3/06/07, on FOX, Dave meets House.

I know, I can't stand it.

To keep our minds off this thrilling news (only ten hours, thirty minutes, and, approximately, 42 seconds away), here's a few yarn updates.

Parisa asked what I have "on the needles" and, I admit, knitting slowed down around here once I'd finished my Sweetarts socks. However, today I will be casting on this yarn (more of Brooke's lovelies)for my Sockret Pal's socks. I'm thinking I'll do the Broadripple pattern from Knitty.



Also, I have (hesitantly) started a- wait for it- sweater for The Hubba.

TAH-DUH!



Admittedly, there's still work to do. It's a top-down, no-seaming pattern from Knitting Pure and Simple and, well, it's weird. Even though the directions say, right off the bat "The first couple of rows may be confusing... it will make sense as you knit further along."

Here's the problem; I don't know if I believe them. I don't know that it will make sense because it feels screwy right now. What Knitting P&S should do (I've decided) is have, similar to a PSA, an announcement where, after they give their spiel about "it will make sense as you knit..." Jack Bauer pops up (I've not quite worked out the schematics on this one, but it would be cool) and says, "You're going to have to trust me." Can't you just imagine that? Kiefer Sutherland in that half-sexy, half-terrifying voice assuring you the sweater pattern will work, as long as you trust him? Women across America would be picking up the needles, Knitting P&S would be the hottest selling patterns around. I think we could have something here.

Until then we'll just have to wait for House. Only ten hours, fourteen minutes and, approximately, thirty-two seconds to go...

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

I know you are pee-in-your-pants excited about tonight's show. I'd hate to know the person who dares to phone you during that episode!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Little Fire said...

I LOVE house, but don't have TV at the mo. boo! And you know that House actually has the strongest English accent, he's a really famous actor at home. when I saw him on tv here, with an American accent, I nearly choked on my tea!

Your sock yarn looks....aaahhh....gorgeous. I want some too, I love aqua blues. Good luck with the socks and hey, if Sutherland told me to trust, damn straight I'd keep knitting.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home