Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Being This Awesome Should Be Illegal

Clearly, I'm far, far brighter than we ever gave me credit for, people. I have stared down my white whale and have come out on top, with both legs and my ship in tact and no glass eyes and... perhaps I shouldn't reference books I've not yet read.

Anyway.

After weeks of trying to sort out this question of "widgets" or "buttons" or perhaps in your culture you say "really cool graphics that seem too stupidly difficult to apply"- you know of what I speak, yes?- I have worked it out. Don't believe me?

Cast your gaze to that there sidebar now riddled- riddled I tell you!- with buttons.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

You cannot stop me, you can only hope to contain me.

Ahem.

Not only do I have two buttons on both my KALs- admittedly created by Ann, Ami, and Lana- but, should you click on said buttons, you will be instantly and magically transported to that KAL's website. Again I say HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

And for any of you out there who aren't too web-savvy, I'll let you in on a little secret: I am the first person in the history of Blogger to attempt and succeed at this difficult and dangerous bit of computer sorcery. Really. I am. First one ever. If anyone tells you differently they are one hundred percent lying and frankly I question why you're hanging around such unscrupulous characters in the first place. First buttons ever, folks.

*Cough*

If anyone out there is interested in a Read-a-Long KAL to Mists of Avalon or the Harry Potter series, please do contact me at knitter.natter@yahoo.com. Address all emails to "Your Wisest, Cleverest, Most Brilliant Widget-Conquering Majesty who might easily pass for an American Kate Winslet."


So... not much else going on. Oh, did I show you these?







Those are my "Sweet Tarts" socks, yarn dyed and freely given (we royalty get lots of freebies; we also get the right to refer to ourselves in the plural as in "God and I, though perhaps we should reverse that order because who was it that just added those buttons? That's what I thought.") from Brooke, who will probably be sending me lots more yarn now that she realizes how genius I am. Still, give Brooke a hand. She chose the color schemes and dyed the yarn and it's just so bright and eye-catching and brilliant.

Much like myself.

Otherwise we're expecting it to be a great day here, one that will probably involve me falling down in front of a large group of people. This high horse is none too steady.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

HOOORAAYY for you!

Love the socks, love the socks, love the socks. Did I mention that I really like those socks?

5:26 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

yay for the buttons!!! took me forever too figure mine out, hit and miss A LOT LOL, love the socks, I got my order from Brooke yesterday and dying to cast on :)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Little Fire said...

Great job, Em, very proud of you! And those socks are gorgeous :)

was wondering if you had heard from Brooke at all recently? just wanted to know if she was OK or not.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap! What cool socks they turned into!! Love them! You did a fabulous job! I got your email last night and you always have a wonderful way of making me laugh :)

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home