Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Friday, December 08, 2006

F.O.B. #17: Not without My Dyson

So we sprung a little surprise on Knitty Yoda (street name: Ann) last night.

Unbeknownst to her, Miz Knotty (with a little help from yours truly) orchestrated a sneak-attack baby shower in honor of the Baby Yoda-to-be. The idea was a knit/crochet patchwork blanket, with squares contributed from around the globe (OK, contributed from the eastern United States). Miz Knotty contacted Yoda's long-distance friends and I got the gals from the shop and between us we came up with:


Awesome, huh? Twenty squares total, knit and crochet, four colors, five of each color. I get goose-bumps thinking about all the women who put time and energy and thought and good wishes into this. I contributed four squares (there was actually some desperate knitting going on this weekend to come up with enough blue squares when we realized one source couldn't get hers to us in time) and here are three of them.


Watering can


Two hearts (one for Little Boo and one for baby too)


Flower

There's also a sadly sheepish sheep. Yes, Knotty, I know I need to let this one go.

My favorite square happens to also be one done by Miz Knotty of baby feet.


You just can't argue with that kind of adorable.

Hoping that this item will become a treasured part of the Yoda home I've deemed F.O.B. #17:

What possession would you not want to live without?

These are physical items and while, of course, they don't MAKE our lives (not really, anyway), they are beneficial or add meaning. Because I am not only a Fearless, but also a Benevolent Leader, I will allow certain groupings such as: my DPNs, my make-up, my Van Goghs, you know, things that you think of in sets. Without further ado:

17. My non-stick omelet pan.

16. Our DVD player. The more I read this list, the more disturbed I am by the number of electronic gadgets I've listed. Let's hope there's never a Y12K or some such difficulties. It could lead to a total Knitter shut down.

15. Stitch n' Bitch by Debbie Stoller. If there was ever a go-to book for new knitters...

14. My Harry Potter series. Six down, one to go...

13. My first pair of hand-knit socks.

12. My bed. Wait- let me explain (Linda, Sarah- BE-have). We just have the most comfortable bed in the history of the world. No, that's not an outrageous claim. Fur and all, best bed ever, hands down.

11. Our collection of Dave Matthews Band CDs.

10. My Peyton Manning jersey.

9. My ever-growing sock yarn stash. It is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful and I would look at it all the time if I didn't keep it contained in the non-furry postal bags in which they were delivered.

8. "Bridget Jones' Diary" and "The Edge of Reason." I luff this character.

7. My DPNs. With all this fast and furious DPN-required knitting going on, how can I leave the house without my Clover Bamboo?

6. My favorite wedding picture (Warning! Warning! first time ever picture of Neighbor Knitter on this here blog).


5. Panda. Ironically, a Christmas gift when I was eight, from Mum Knitter, making this his eighteenth Christmas (which is approximately seven hundred forty-two in panda years- he's about middle-aged). Poor Panda's not lived the cleanest life; he's been to sleepovers, college dorm rooms, fallen into the jaws of the wrong kind of dog and is no longer the bright, white, fluffy bear he once was (sounds a bit like PANDA- The E! True Hollywood Story). Panda's my Velveteen rabbit. I wouldn't be surprised if, now that he's got bits of fluff coming out and had the fur loved off him, he did come to life. And, oh how our dogs will rue the day (When Pandas Attack..).

4. My groovy ipod.

3. Though it was close, my iBook G4 beat out the ipod. Sure, I love getting groovy but my ipod can't link me to all you grand folk in reader/blogger land can it? No, it cannot. So the laptop has it by a nose. Or a plug.

2. My Dyson vacuum cleaner. People, the hype is true. If you have any kind of hair/fur issue, GET ONE. Your life will never be the same. Truly.

1. My teapot. Always and forever.

3 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

I love today's blog! I'm so very honored to be the creator of you fav square. Truth be told, your blue flower is my fav! Isn't that special? The blanket looks great on your site!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG!! That is THE most adorable baby blanket EVER. Can you tell how much I love it? I must agree on the baby footprint square. So adorable!

Thank you also for sharing a photo of the mysterious Neighboknitter...You looked gorgeous dahlink!!

One more thing- are we on day 17 now? I guess I could just count the days, but that would be too easy, now, wouldn't it? I think I lost a day somehow...

Love your first pair of socks also! Look how crafty you are :)

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hiya love, and may I say what a BEAUTIFUL bride you were. such a gorgeous photo :) so yeah, i flaked out yesterday but I made a public apology and explained why and went all out with todays one. SWEET! love reading your lists, you
re right. we are sisters from diferent mothers :)

congrats on the blanket too. such an achievement and the most special of gifts. what a friend!

px

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home