Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Knitter of Mystery

The Not the Best News: there's knitting here. That I cannot show you. That I might be, just a touch, scrambling to finish. That I am, currently, hung up on because Knitty Yoda (who apparently is not waiting eagerly by the phone for me to call with knitting issues) is not available. That is where we stand.

The Great News: I'm thinking of a dozen different projects a day I'd like to start!

Such as this gawjus bag in a kelly green Cascade 220 wool at my LYS.

Or this aforementioned scarf.

And any number of Christmas gifts I mentally keep trying to add to my list. For people I don't speak to regularly, people I've not spoken to in years, actually, and yet I still find myself thinking "What she really needs are some Fetching gloves" or "He would look so great in that cabled hat from Stitch n' Bitch Nation!"

Yet as I have no knitting I can show you, inspired by a recent jaunt here with Knitty Yoda and Little Boo, I give you my latest Series, Dog at Rest;





Next Series: Dog at Work (note: it looks suspiciously like Dog at Rest).

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh mannn...well, I'm sure you're new Sock-ret person is extra fabulous. Wow...hmmm...had you already started on the socks for the person who got the boot? I won't ask anymore, just in case this is supposed to be under wraps. You know, secret spy stuff :P

I'm going to give that swap a whirl. I figure that I'm bound to get an interesting partner!! Me and my soft spot for alcoholics...and clowns...and carnies...OK then...

And yes, I will continue dyeing...that does sound weird. I have a closet full of undyed yarn begging for color, so I don't see an end to it anytime soon. I would like to branch out into some different fibers, maybe cashmere and alpaca- how yummy is that?

One more bit of cryptic info...keep your eyes peeled...now what would that mean? *grin*

7:48 PM  
Blogger JCarson said...

I admire "Dog At Rest." She looks comfy and happy. We all should have that look about us more often.

I also admire her freckles. Pretty girl.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

What?!? I am ALWAYS eagerly waiting by the phone for you to call with knitting (or Harry Potter) issues!
Christmas knitting can be dangerous.
"Beware the beast within!"
-the Vicar in W&G's Were-Rabbit movie

1:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

To quote you...
"What does that clue mean?! Eyes Peeled? Banana peel? Contact lenses? Peel out? Eye patch? Potato peeler? These are my mind associations!"

That is THEE funniest thing I've read in awhile- haha!! I was rolling on the floor laughing (I believe I was ROFLMAO- to use cyber-lingo)

Oh mannnna!! OK, OK, I give: there's something in the mail for you :) It's not a huge surprise, but it's the cotton yarn I told you about before :)
I sent some to Parisa, so I had to make sure you had yours for your dischcloth quest as well.

My mom used cheapo acrylic yarn and cotton, because the shelters need snuggles that are machine washable. They are needed in all sizes, from 14" square for cats up to 36" square for the large pooches. You can contact your local shelter to see what they need or you can go to this website for more info:

www.h4ha.org

It's the Hugs for Homeless Animals website.

OK, I'm off to finish up my mama's shawl- I can't wait to show you pictures!! It's so pretty, I want to keep it, I don't care if I live in a tropical climate... :)

9:07 PM  
Blogger Little Fire said...

'Course we can be sisters from different mothers. Tea shall bind us together in the quest for the perfect cuppa :) I like green tea and herbal teas, have a LOVELY blueberry one at the mo' which is making me feel very seasonal and sophisticated, but in Ireland it's all about black tea. Your cupboards are bare if you don't have any and if anyone asks you if you want tea, they mean black, always. Usually had with milk in it...yummy. But Daddy is Persian, so I love the way they have their black tea, hot and sweet in little glasses, all aromatic and lovely. Freakin' yucky Boston water, can't make a decent cup at all!! Our tap water is from the mountains at home :)

sorry talking nonsense as usual...about myself (freakin musician). how are you and yours? how did your dishcloth come out? I was very excited about it :)

oh and about all the comments...have to watch out, some of the anon. ones are the DB secretly stalking the page. naughty boy!

px

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home