Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Oh Mr. Postman... Is there some yarn- oh yeah- in your bag for me?

I love receiving post. Real post, not bills, and offers for free cars, or $500,000 personal loans. To me, real post is defined as: anything that contains stuff I want. Huge fan of this kind of post. I love that brief feeling of "Huh, I wonder what this is?" that turns to joy when you open said package and discover the goodies inside.

When I was in an eBay mood, I would go through periods of ordering several lots of books at a time (this was before I met yarn) and I was giddy every time a package arrived. Which lot would this be? How many books would it have? Did the seller gift wrap them just to give me an extra thrill?

That last thing- that NEVER happened. At least not until yesterday when this arrived:


From Brooke, my yarn (which arrived FOUR DAYS after I ordered it- talk about service!) was beautifully hidden in pink tissue and ribbons. Yes, you can tell my level of excitement- I stopped opening to grab the camera and TAKE A PICTURE. I'm a little deranged.

However, inside the package it got even better. Behold the yarn:



Isn't it gorgeous? Look at those colors. And it's so soft and merino-y. Sigh.

Also included was a teeny-tiny sachet of lavender. Look how small:


(Pointer finger used as size comparison- also to say "Brooke's number one!")

So yesterday was an excellent start to the week. Because there was a present. In the mail. To me. From me. To me. Hahahaha.

What? What did you say about my Sockret Pal? About yarn for her next package? About the season of giving? About choosing the colors with her in mind? Hmm? I'm sorry I can't hear you; I've got two beautiful hanks of yarn pressed to my ears. LALALALALA.

(Weird note about Blogger: when I spell check it catches words like "knitter" "crocheter" "merino" and "hank." What word does it accept? eBay. What?!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hooray!! They arrived safely :) I'm glad you like them- I enjoyed reading about your experience- you are just too funny!! I am a firm believer in giftwrap and ribbons :)

Qustion for you- I just received a whole bunch of yarn through freecycle.org, some of it being cotton yarn- I believe you are into dishcloths, correct? If so, I'd love to send you some of this cotton yarn. I have too much for my own personal use now. It's really cool- I think it's circa 1960's judging by the label. It needs a little bit of airing (which I'm doing now with the cashmere) but I'm sure the mustiness will be fine in a week or two...or, you can just wash it and Febreeze it when you're done? Let me know and I'll put some in the mail. :)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Little Fire said...

OH MAN, that yarn is HOT! good choice :) I'm so excited now, I just ordered some stuff of Brookes site too. heehee, hurray for post! Also may I say thank you as I just noticed that I am on your 'blogs you read' list. I am truely touched that you think that much of me, thank you. now I have to figure out how to create the same thing. no clue.

have a wonderful thanksgiving and remember the take the hanks down from your ears before you eat, you might get turkey on them!

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home