Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Monday, November 27, 2006

An Affair to Remember

A few loves I can't seem to let go...

1.

I know, I know, another dishcloth. These, however, serve a purpose. We're putting together a "Merry Christmas/Happy Birthday" basket for The Hubba's mother, and these are part of it. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it.

2.


Yep. More hand-painted sock yarn. This newest gorgeous example is only a small part of an order I placed with Dani of Sunshine Yarns over a month ago. Why so long for delivery? Because she did specially selected colors for my order- seriously. The girl is Talent Personified. Those other yarns are so beautiful, and so top-secret I can't show them to you until after Christmas, but this little beauty, "Fern", made it through the Gift Detectors (re: it's mine! mine! allminehahahaha). This stuff might as well be bars of gold in certain knitting circles. Check out her fantastic shop- I'm particularly fond of the hank called "Farmhouse" (coughcoughMomSuzHubba).

3.

Dogs in a red chair. At one point, this chair, fabric selected by myself, twelve weeks to order and deliver, was My Chair. No longer. Our darned dogs with their darned great color scheme just blend so beautifully, I don't have the heart to scold them. Instead I take pictures.

4.
I just finished HP and the Order of the Phoenix audio book, only to check-out HP and the Goblet of Fire from the library. Knitting while listening to an HP book- priceless.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Ooooh! THe colors in that yarn are gorgeous! I just love them and look forward to seeing them in person.
I checked out the Sorcerer's Stone yesterday and listened to the first tape while cooking and then cleaning up the dishes.
What a great idea! We may begin having some very elaborate meals.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the dish cloths and that you enjoy making them. To heck with anyone who is critical of your love for making them. They really do make the best dish washers! That yarn is "gaw-jus!"

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home