Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Knitter Challenge

"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." Lewis Carroll, "Alice in Wonderland"

I've been inspired by some old posts by the always delightful Harlot, and the November Blog-A-Day to try a Christmas countdown. As of today we have twenty days to Christmas. I am- big, deep breath- going to post every day between now and Christmas. These posts, while they might be lacking in knitting pics, will pertain to the number of days we have between now and C-Day. Somehow, to my logical mind, there is a connection between the two- days to Christmas and knitting pics. Today's topic will be

20 Things You Might Not Know about Neighbor Knitter
Ahem.

20. I love the smell of gasoline. I don't huff it or want it as a perfume but, you know, in general.

19. During my "Muppets/Muppet Babies" years, I wanted to be a comedian like Fozzy. Wakawakawaka!

18. I'm a blue belt in Tae Kwan Do.

17. I have never broken a bone.

16. I painted our living room red and I LOVE it.

15. If I had a boat, I'd go out on the ocean. And if I had a pony, I'd ride him on my boat. Hmm...

14. I've never smoked a cigarette in my entire life. Not one single puff.

13. I'm not crafty. Except for this knitting thing.

12. I've lived in three places: Knoxville, TN; Chicago, IL; and Burlington, NC.

11. When The Hubba and I have bazillions of dollars, I will have a driver.

10. I love the idea of reincarnation. It's my favorite afterlife going.

9. Sometimes I break into a bad British accent for no reason.

8. Right now I have no idea where my keys are.

7. I own the CD of "Rocky Top '96" (thanks Kelly!).

6. My house is the place that fur goes to die.

5. If I could eat only one food every day it would be pasta. This makes a low-carbohydrate diet very, very hard.

4. I fancy myself a writer

3. If I could play any musical instrument, it would be a banjo.

2. You will never hear me say "I'm just off to do math now" and sound happy about it. Ever.

1. My idea of hell is a waiting room with nothing to read.

There it is, the start of the Twenty Days to Christmas. Maybe some of you others will join in- all my bloggy friends, Knitty Yoda, Brooke, Parisa- or if you're not of the blog world, leave it on my comments. C'mon, it'll be fun! All the cool knitters are doing it...

Enough of the peer pressure (#21, I'm lousy at peer pressure). This is my personal goal. The best part: the number will actually shrink the more days that pass. HA! I'm defeating the system. What system I'm not sure, but a system somewhere is being defeated, I feel certain.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OK, I'm in, because I just can't seem to help myself when it comes to joining things!! GREAT quote at the top of your blog today- one of my all-time favorites...that will be #20 me-thinks :)

9:33 AM  
Blogger Little Fire said...

I'M IN!!! WWOOOHOOOOOO...so much fun in store. So are you setting the topics each day for us Em-love? It shall be a BAL...Blog-A-Long :)

px

11:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh, good question from our Boston BAL representative! I was also wondering that :)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Alright, here's an answer (though perhaps not THE answer ;-).
I will post the questions (meaning I need to do them in the morning, clearly), but as today is half over, if you've not already done a post, I recommend doing a "Nineteen Things You Might Not Know About Fill-in-Appropriate-Blogger-Name." How does that sound? And we'll start fresh in the morning!
Whoo-hoo to participation! Way to go, my Blogging Peeps!

1:03 PM  
Blogger meg said...

i can't wait to read what you three have to say. i used to love the smell of gasoline but now it gives me a righteous headache.

i just told brooke i wish i had the time to post every day for the next 20 but there's no way. so. busy. always.

at least i know i'll always have something to read!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I'm not alone, I sooo love the smell of gas. hehehe you are not alone.
Oh a waiting room without knitting, shiver at the thought.
P.S. why can't I ever get these letters right, grrr I always have to put them in twice. Lol this time it is dumsqil LOL how true.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home