A Knitter Challenge
"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." Lewis Carroll, "Alice in Wonderland"
I've been inspired by some old posts by the always delightful Harlot, and the November Blog-A-Day to try a Christmas countdown. As of today we have twenty days to Christmas. I am- big, deep breath- going to post every day between now and Christmas. These posts, while they might be lacking in knitting pics, will pertain to the number of days we have between now and C-Day. Somehow, to my logical mind, there is a connection between the two- days to Christmas and knitting pics. Today's topic will be
20 Things You Might Not Know about Neighbor Knitter
20. I love the smell of gasoline. I don't huff it or want it as a perfume but, you know, in general.
19. During my "Muppets/Muppet Babies" years, I wanted to be a comedian like Fozzy. Wakawakawaka!
18. I'm a blue belt in Tae Kwan Do.
17. I have never broken a bone.
16. I painted our living room red and I LOVE it.
15. If I had a boat, I'd go out on the ocean. And if I had a pony, I'd ride him on my boat. Hmm...
14. I've never smoked a cigarette in my entire life. Not one single puff.
13. I'm not crafty. Except for this knitting thing.
12. I've lived in three places: Knoxville, TN; Chicago, IL; and Burlington, NC.
11. When The Hubba and I have bazillions of dollars, I will have a driver.
10. I love the idea of reincarnation. It's my favorite afterlife going.
9. Sometimes I break into a bad British accent for no reason.
8. Right now I have no idea where my keys are.
7. I own the CD of "Rocky Top '96" (thanks Kelly!).
6. My house is the place that fur goes to die.
5. If I could eat only one food every day it would be pasta. This makes a low-carbohydrate diet very, very hard.
4. I fancy myself a writer
3. If I could play any musical instrument, it would be a banjo.
2. You will never hear me say "I'm just off to do math now" and sound happy about it. Ever.
1. My idea of hell is a waiting room with nothing to read.
There it is, the start of the Twenty Days to Christmas. Maybe some of you others will join in- all my bloggy friends, Knitty Yoda, Brooke, Parisa- or if you're not of the blog world, leave it on my comments. C'mon, it'll be fun! All the cool knitters are doing it...
Enough of the peer pressure (#21, I'm lousy at peer pressure). This is my personal goal. The best part: the number will actually shrink the more days that pass. HA! I'm defeating the system. What system I'm not sure, but a system somewhere is being defeated, I feel certain.