Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Cheers to Your New Years

In honor of this, our last post of '06, I'd thought I'd dig deep (re: too lazy to think up a real post) and find one more list. Today's rogue F.O.B. topic: What do you love about New Years?

5. One last hurrah of chocolate and overall decadent eating before everyone moves from feast to famine behavior. No wonder January's not a popular month.

4. Funny hats.

3. You make your final push into do-nothing mode, most enjoyable if you're able to do-nothing with friends and family. We chose to spend this time with our friends, Dave and Renee and their gorgeous boy Nolan, in Charleston. I must say, there has been an exceptional amount of nothing thus far. Observe.



2. December 31st, you can end most conversations with "See you next year!" to all people, from the cashier at the market to your husband, and it's funny. At least, I think so.

1. You can drink freely pretty much all day and if anyone gives you a funny look it's perfectly acceptable to say (slurring a little), "It's New Years some*hiccup*where."

What a great year, ya'll. 2007 has some big shoes to fill, but, honestly, I'm thoroughly expecting it to be our best one yet. "May no acquaintance be forgot and hmmmhmmhmm-really high pitched-hmmhmm and auld lang syne..."

See you next year!

3 Comments:

Blogger JCarson said...

I'm in total harmony with you on that last, darlin daughter. (Oops, hope I haven't blown your cover.)

Have a great 1st there in Charleston and a great New Year. I agree with you--it is to be the best one yet.

Love you bunches.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Love the picture of Nolan with the dog. Looks like y'all are having a relaxin' time!

See you next year!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello!! Woo-hoo!! Happy New Year!! haha!! No, I'm not drinking yet... *grin* I wanted to, but I'm working on a lace shawl and I'm thinking it wouldn't be such a good combo :P

Love your list you list-o-maniac!

Look out next year, ready or not, here we come...

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home