Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Bushed


As you can see, we're spent around here, in all senses of the word. It was a grand Christmas. So grand everyone here at the Knitter house seems to be suffering from a case of post-partinfromChristmas depression. Or maybe we're still recovering from lack of sleep. Either way, now that the frenzy's died down, the dogs are sleeping a lot (admittedly not very different from their normal routine), The Hubba's honking around with, what he would claim to be, The Worst Upper Respiratory Infection in the History of Man, and I can't seem to do much more than sit on our sofa, eyes cast on our beautiful tree, and sigh (and occasionally sneeze; the WURI hasn't entirely passed me by either).

So instead of a real post (aren't ya'll exhausted of my constant writingwritingwriting?) I give you some of my knitted goods, conceived over time and only now available for your viewing pleasusre.

Before I return to tree-staring duties, might I ask other bloggers out there in the blogging universe, how is this new Blogger working out for you? I've not updated yet and I have to admit, I'm with Brooke- my Blogger works fine, so blogger off and leave me alone. Still, they seem pretty adament about all Bloggers switching over and that kind of persistence usually wins in the end. So any words of encouragement? Hmm? Are these fantastic Blogger changes? Have all your Blogger hopes and dreams been fulfilled? And how does a spell check, engineered by Blogger, still not recognize the word "blog"?

Two flower-power washcloths

Two checkerboard washcloths


One pair fingerless gloves


And two Oh, look, scarves!




The theme of this years Christmas was definitely warmth and hygiene.

There are other Christmas pics I will be posting, but, at the moment, they're still locked away on our camera and not doing much to upload themselves to the computer (see: tree-staring duties).

A lovely last Friday of '06 to you all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beardie said...

The Holidays are a "Two Step" Process:
1.) Run, run, run as fast as you can you can't catch me I am the Gingerbread man.
2.) Ashes ashes we all fall down......

It seems that we are both worn down after such a hard, fast-paced, fun, and exciting holiday season. "The Last Stop" will be New Years and then a deep breath until March.

I want to end on a toast to my wonderful wife and us putting the finishing touches on what turned out to be one of the best years we have had. To a Great 2006 and an even better 2007, we obviously found "The Best Of Whats Around"! Love you hunny.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww...you've got a good one :) Loved your pics, especially the flower power dishcloths. Are those from the book Weekend Knitting? OK, enough from me. You need to get back to staring at your tree!! Mine's not so awe inspiring, seeing that it's constructed out of wrapping paper and bows and is taped to the wall...

2:17 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Hope yesterday didn't wear you out too much. It must have been a bit straining working such a busy day with a yucky cold!
Have a great weekend of rest and relaxation. I'll see you when you return!
The fingerless gloves look great!

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww your hubba is soooo sweet. You definitely ended up with a winner as I know he definitely has.

Hugs!!!!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home