Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

F.O.B. #6: Putting the Pro Back in Procrastination!

"Panic is not our friend." Ron Howard

Well, this isn't the blog I intended to write today, but, when I couldn't sleep last night for planning when to bind-off, how soon to cast-on the next one, if I'd be able to fit a trip to the salon in, what time we should leave for home Friday morning and if my brain might just melt and ooze out my ears, I came up with a new idea. For F.O.B. #6 I ask you, When do you procrastinate?

6. Dog grooming. I'd rather vacuum every day. Which makes no sense as far as time well spent- groom once a week, vacuum every day? Huh.

5. Gift shopping. Let's be honest, if I wasn't frantically knitting right now, I'd be frantically racing through Macy's.

4. Anything that needs to be done to my car. Oil changes, renew registration, car wash, all of it, as last minute as possible. Hence owning a Civic, the most durable car in America. In fact the ad should call it "The Procrastinator's Dream Car."

3. Any time I plan to diet. I'm very much a believer in starting a diet on a Monday, so even if it's Monday eight a.m. when I decide to go on a diet, I have to wait until the following week to start. And usually, if we're lucky, I've lost interest by then.

2. Before nearly every school paper I ever wrote. If I wasn't sitting up until two in the morning the night before and printing off a finished copy twenty minutes to class the next morning I was doing something wrong. Strangely, I was a pretty good student.

1. Holiday Knitting! Who knew? I started in August with big plans and buckets of Smug Girl Syndrome, pumping out two gifts a month and now it's six days to the Day and I am timing my knitting time down to the minute. Except for moments, such as yesterday, when I got to the halfway point on one of three projects I need to finish and decided to to sit down and play around on Amazon for a bit and then take a few hours of the day to wonder around TJ Maxx and the grocery store. And then came home and went into "Hurry up and Panic" mode.

Tomorrow's blog will be hosted by Parisa so stop by, give her a howdy, and look forward to her question. Thanks for the help Oirish! (I really hope that's not some non-p.c. slang there I just used...)

And who's up for number four?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAYYYYY!!! cant wait to do tomorrows one. I think I have a good idea, related to the number 5, seasonal and a little curious. Just a wee heads up though, I probably wont blog 'til after my final exam (!!!!) which ends at 8pm EST, and then I am straight to the nearest coffee shop for a latte and a blog. that sound OK? Means everyone can have a lazy day before the mamooth task of signing on for a good blog. 5 days...Good Lord, where did the time go? just yesterday we were all doing lists of 20 :)

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home