Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Friday, December 15, 2006

F.O.B. #10: Where Does She Get Those Wonderful Ideas?

Today's F.O.B. comes from Brooke and, well, let's face it, the girl's cool. To explain #10 she wrote, after referencing what sounds like an intriguing book, "I came across this section that challenges you to write down 10 short statements summarizing what advice you would give another person, the 10 most important lessons you've learned so far."

Good grief. And I'm writing about favorite movies and pie-eating.

10. Appreciate whatever you can, as much as you can, as often as you can, every single day. Even the teeny-tiny things, even if all you can find to appreciate is the roof didn't fall on you, appreciate it. I make a list every day and, I kid you not, I've written down something as small as "I've got my finger nails." I mean, if you've got your finger nails, you've got it all, right?

9. Spend time with people who laugh. Live with someone who laughs all the time.

8. Your attitude is the only thing you have complete control over.

7. Music makes everything better.

6. Listen to, watch, and read people who inspire you.

5. As long as YOU get YOU, it doesn't matter who else does.

4. Spend extravagantly on what you love; spend time, spend thought, spend money, spend energy, spend all that you can.

3. Don't take anyone too seriously. No good will come of it.

2. Talk about what you WANT, what you HOPE. You get back exactly what you expect. Trust me on this one.

1. Always look on the bright side of your life. Can't say it any better than that.

Huh, I think I'm noticing a pattern.

Brilliant one Brooke. If anyone else wants to play Fearless Leader with a question, drop me a comment.

A great weekend to you all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good Lord- I can't read this post without totally cracking up about the movies and pie-eating!! I happen to like those F.O.B. posts :)Your guidance has been AWESOME so far. I could tell you needed a breather though ;P Mel Ash's book is incredible. It's not the kind of book you just sit down and read within a week or two. I've been reading this one off and on for, oh, two years now :)OK, I'm off to work on numero 9-oh.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Em...where are you? helllllooooo up there (sound of echoing throughout the land) haha! Hope you are doing OK mama- you must be furiously knitting to get the gifts done :)

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home