Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

F.O.B. #4: What's Off Your To-Do List?

I'm full of excitement today. Crackling with it. If I stuck my finger in a socket (not on my to-do list) I'm pretty sure I'd light up a room. Why? Because I'm DONE with my Christmas knitting. DONE. HA! Which is why, this morning, I was wrapping gifts, playing DMB's "Weekend at the Gorge" like it was Jayz's "Black" album and dancing around the kitchen as if I might, single-handedly, bring sexy back. I was also hustling (I'm a hustla, baby, I just want you to know) around the house, doing laundry, dishes, and any last minute tidying that needed doing before we leave for Knoxville tomorrow. WHOO-HOO, home for Christmas! Careful, too much more of this and I might spontaneously combust.
So, in honor of my finished knitting, today's F.O.B #4 wonders: What task are you glad to be finished with? Maybe you enjoyed it and are filled with a sense of success and peace or maybe it felt like pulling fingernails out with pliers and you've never been happier to see the back of something. Either way, what have you finished and are doing your dance of joy over?

4. Received all presents bought via the internet. Which is always a bit touch-and-go, will-they-won't-they experience if you wait until the 15th, as I do, to place orders.

3. Getting in touch with people over holiday plans. I'm not a great correspondent at the best of times and for the last two weeks I've basically cut off all forms of communication that don't involve someone standing two feet away from me, speaking loudly and making hand gestures. This lead to a lot of catch-up, that hat-in-hand "I've know I've not responded to an email/text/phone message from you since Britney and K-Fed were still a happily married couple, but we'll be home in twenty-three hours hours, do you want to get together?"

2. Out in the honest-to-God world Christmas shopping. Not exciting, not big news, not shocking, but oh so true.

1. Really? Need you ask? Christmas knitting.

TRALALALALA! LALALALAAA.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Merry Christmas lovely one! My computer is sick, so I'm at the library sending everyone my holiday greetings before they close for a few days...no computer for days....arggggg!!!! What is the world coming to?

Talk to you soon :)

5:35 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Hooray! Christmas Knitting pressure is off!
Congrats on making it through your first "I can just knit them something" holiday!
Hope your trip goes well. I'll try to keep the baby in while you are gone. ;)
Merry Christmas!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home