Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

F.O.B. #5: Do You Hear What I Hear?

Wow, FOBbers, this countdown has gone by awfully fast. We're down to four days today- technically- but as I might have missed yesterday's blog, here's F.O.B. #5, by fantastically clever Parisa, who writes: For today's list, we want how you satisfy each of your different senses during the holiday season.
Good one Parisa! Another "make you think" F.O.B.

1. Taste: I think we've discussed this already, but, really, it's all about the pie. Lots of pie, all kinds of pie, particularly pumpkin, pecan and chocolate. Hmm. The rest of the Christmas food I can take or leave, but pie- pie lasts a lifetime.

2. Smell: Pine of course! We always have a real Christmas tree, even with all the needles and the mess and forgetting to water it, to have that lovely pine scent in the house. As the tree dies, the better the house smells. That's a little sad, isn't it?

3. Touch: The feeling of ornaments as you put them on the tree, especially knowing you'll have glitter all over yourself by the time you're done and no matter how often you bathe and scrub, you'll find sparkles in the oddest places for weeks to come.

2. Hearing: Christmas music. Particularly by greats like Harry Connick, Nat "King" Cole, and The Barenaked Ladies- neither naked nor ladies as the old jokes goes. In fact, I heard their tune "Elf's Lament" yesterday while trying to navigate the streets of Greensboro. Even in the most stressful times, BNL can lighten any mood, particularly when the music comes off a CD called "Barenaked for the Holidays".

1. Sight: Presents. I love the sight of presents. That doesn't make me a shallow person, does it?

Excellent F.O.B. #5. I'll post four a little later today on the off chance there are any other slackers out there who haven't gotten to five yet. Probably only me, but just in case...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're not the only slacker, you pie eating crazy woman, you!! *grin* I'm going to do #5 with #4...You and your pies...Too bad we don't live closer, because I tend to make 2 or 3 homemade pies a month...If I could live on pie alone, I would. Let's declare it a new major food group.
:)

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home