Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

It's Still Great...

"What is defeat? Nothing but education; nothing but the first step to something better." Wendell Phillips

We have hats. We have two finished (the gray one I did a few months ago and decided to add in to the gang as it doesn't really fit my big ole' melon) and one partially completed.



We also have stained fingers.




It looks like I strangled a Smurf. The Berroco I used for the blue hat is called Chinchilla (first warning: don't buy yarn named after furry, South American rats) and I wouldn't recommend it for a few reasons. As mentioned, the name. It's difficult to knit with, though I'm just naturally prejudiced against any kind of fun fur-ish yarn. That's just not my bag, baby. The yarn bled like I didn't know an inanimate thing could bleed (re: Smurf Abuse). Also, I picked it partly because it's 100% nylon, which to my mind translates as acrylic, which translates to both soft on the skin and machine washable, which translates to something durable and easy to care for. Except for the notice on the tag that read: Dry Clean Only. Whoops.
So a call to all my Knitters out there: how can I treat or wash this hat so it's recipient doesn't end up with bright blue skin? Any thoughts?

The hats were the most successful aspect of the weekend. Vols were a no-go. Chicago Bears (The Hubba's team) were also a no-go. They were all- who knows why- off their game yesterday and today. In the scheme of what matters, even I, rabid fan I've become, realize these defeats are small and pretty inconsequential (why is it easy to say that when you lose and yet when you win it's the BIGGEST VICTORY IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS, INCLUDING ANYTHING THE ANCIENT GREEKS EVER DID?! Curious, no?). Still, I have faith they'll be back next weekend. But a grrrreat shout-out to Miz Knotty and her Auburn Tigers. That's who we'll be cheering for in the SEC Championship. Go Tigers!

For tonight I say, Go Colts! Go Peyton! Down with the Patriots! This is the Biggest Game of the Regular Season! Unless we lose! And then it's no big deal! Ha! Reason! Rational! Out the window! Why do you think I'm a knitter?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

I am sooo diggin' that you have a team jersey. A jersey for any sport to say that you are a true fan! Now I need to get you and Hubba hooked on hockey!

Looks like the Colts are having a good game (It's 1/2 time).

Sorry about your other teams.
:-( It doesn't look like Auburn will play in the SEC championship game unless Arknsas or FLorida loses! Boooo!! Darn that Arkansas! But thanks for the vote of confidence!

BTW - Where did you bury that Smurf? I little test with some distilled white vinegar may be just the trick to set the dye. But please test it and take other knitters advice ahead of mine!

Look forward to seeing you Tuesday! Tata for now!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home