Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Look Over There!

"Flames from the lips may be produced by holding in the mouth a sponge saturated with the purest gasoline." Ehrich Weiss

So I wonder if anyone's noticed my slight of hand lately? Look over here, at my ha-ha tale about J. Crew salespeople. Allow me to draw your attention to my bowl of Halloween candy. Have I mentioned... um... ladybugs lately? Let me not show you any pictures of a single knitted item. Ha!

Yes, I admit, with the slightest misdirection, I've not shown any knitware in several posts, except the measly start to some toes which have hardly progressed, though knitware is the point of the program (shall I show you something in a Neighbor KNITTER?).

Want to know why? BECAUSE IT'S ALL Christmas gifts! I have finished exactly four and a half projects and can't display a single one. For a new knitter, who doesn't have a list of half-completed projects, this is beyond frustrating.

Also, for every one one I create, with the starry eyes of a new knitter, I think of one or two more I want to do. Though it's November 2, I'm still hopeful. I'm expecting the eight (or ten... or twelve) knitted gifts I want to do will be finished... in time. And I imagine at some point, very soon, I'll realize Christmas is not a fluid, and flexible period, but actually a date set firmly in history and no lack of finished scarves will induce the powers-that-be to add a few extra days for me to bind-off and weave in the ends.

So in honor of Ehrich Weiss's quote here's my only non-gift, my magical scarf.



If nothing else, it's getting longer...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know what you mean by having no pictures to show due to holiday knitting. I'm mainly working on something for someone who reads my blog, so I'm left with showing other things, i.e son, dyed yarn, my feet.. *grin* Can't wait to see your great unveiling after Dec. 25th , oh great and powerful Oz :P

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home