Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Ahem- A Little School Spirit, Perhaps?

Sometimes even the most dedicated of Vols need a little reminder about what's important. I've altered my priorities after mucho talented blogger Brooke wrote an excellent post about a Premie Hat Project in which she's involved Caps to the Capital . So instead of complaining about my lack of pictures to show, I've decided to get on board with a little Volunteer spirit of my own. Before the end of the weekend I plan (pledge? promise? swear an oath in blood?) to post shots of at least one finished and one working chemo hat (my LYS's donation of choice). That's my goal and I'm sticking to it.

So during tonight's Big Game and tomorrow's Huge Rivalry I'll be knitting and feeling neighborly all at the same time. Which calls for The Perfect Cheer:

I said it's great! To be! A Tennessee Vol!
I said it's great! To be! A Tennessee Vol!

4 Comments:

Blogger JCarson said...

I am looking forward to the photos. Good luck with the hat. And as you said--even today, with the benefit of hindsight--

...it's great! To be! A Tennessee Vol!

They didn't quite pull it out but they made Vol fans proud of their effort. So let's hear it again...

...it's great! To be! A Tennessee Vol!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How cool! Awesome goal to have and I can't wait to see the photos. Are you making the chemo hat using the Knitpicks pattern? I've always thought that one was really nice.
I haven't figured out who my Sock-ret Pal is yet. She gave me an alias name to use, to make it a little more personal. I'm tempted to snoop and find her, but I'm holding off...it's really hard to do!! :) Thank you for your mention in your blog- that was good stuff :) I'm somebody now! woo-hoo!! *grin*

10:47 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Sorry about the Vol loss. We were cheering for them at the Knotty Casa!

As far as the next game: Go Colts!!! Can't wait to see your progress and as always, talk your ears off! But even if I do talk them off I know that I can always knit you some new ones! :-D

3:23 PM  
Blogger Little Fire said...

Aaw, super cool blog, love! Good luck with your pledge...YOU CAN DO IT!! Can't wait to see the photos. Thanks also for the lovely welcome back into the fold, I know I was a knaughty knitter disappearing like that but I promise I am back with a vengence!

:)

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home