Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Monday, November 13, 2006

I've Got Yoda, I've Got Knotty, I've Got My Yarn

... who could ask for anything more?

Remember those drated Magic Loop, Toe-Up socks?

I give you:



It might not look like much now, but in a few years- I will have two socks! No more single-sock-syndrome! Of course there's still that pesky heel to get through... but that's what Knitty Yodas are for, right? That and Craft World Domination (Martha who?).

And check this out:



That's right, that there be crochet. Thanks to a rainy afternoon with Miz Knotty I have now done a single and a double crochet chain. HA! Sure that's a pretty steep slant to the right, but that's no mistake, that's an intentional design- La to the Left I'm calling it. I'm so crafty my toes are tinglin' and my ears are ringin'.

Of course the ear ringing could have more to do with this funky cold that's come over me again, minus the husky voice (there can't always be an upside to a leaking nose and heavy mouth-breathing). Though I used my current ailment as a reason to sit in my chair and drink hot tea and finish two more Christmas gifts and listen to HP and the Order of the Phoenix (we're getting to the good part, the Weasley twins just went out with a bang) and not do much else. Not that I need an excuse for such behavior.


(Model: Barkley Knitter; he was kind enough to help re-create the scene, including the mugs but minus the Kleenex.)

Now, as we near bedtime, I'm debating to Nyquil or not to Nyquil. I'm fine with the night of heavy, loud snoring, mouth open sleep (mind you, I'M fine, The Hubba not so good), but I'm not fine with next day's medicine head. I've been know, when the Nyquil's wearing off the next morning, to be going along, merry in that dopey drug way, and suddenly notice, "Hey! I'm driving!"

I've got a Harry scarf that needs assistance. You know the saying, don't drink and knit? Add to the Knitter's Rules and Regulations don't watch a ridiculous UT-Arkansas game in which UT gets their tail handed to them and knit (not quite so succinct, but trust me, the sentiment is the same). Because you will discover, the next morning, you dropped a stitch three rows ago (probably at the point when the Razorbacks were scoring their zillionth touchdown and you were yelling "No! NOOOO!!!" and shaking your hands at the heavens in frustration) and then there's a lot of frogging, picking up of stitches, and trying to sort out the mess. I've nearly got it back in hand though. In skilled and crafty Magic-Loopin', Toe-Upin', Double Chainin' hands.

I'm off to work on Harry and mouth breathe. 'Night-Night! Keep your eyes open for a little gray Honda with a red-nosed woman behind the wheel! Possibly drugged and dopey!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay girl. You need to get some rest. Dr. Cat prescribes lots of restful sitting, knitting and lots of tea with lemon.
Hugs!!!!!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awwwww...I'm sorry to hear you're feeling not so good. :( I hope you feel better today :)

8:04 AM  
Blogger Beardie said...

I will be honest with you....I don't mind the snoring. I find it funny that you end up fogging so much during the weekend and knitting during the week. Maybe we need to stop watching those UT games.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray for crochet!
I'll have to copy off a disk of some patterns that are no longer available on the web. Luckily, I don't trust good things to stay on for long, so I saved a slew of wonderful patterns.
Okay, so they are 70s and you probably think they suck, but doesn't everyone need a "Groovy Ripple Bathroom Set"?

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home