Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Chicago, Harry, and Movies- Oh My!

I have lots of pictures from our trip to Chicago. I have plenty of shots from our midnight trip to see Order of the Phoenix last week. I have all these things to show you- but no way to do it. The Hubba, without realizing it, downloaded all these pictures onto the desktop computer, erasing them forever from the camera's memory. I realize, I could walk upstairs and post from that computer, and, maybe, when the hurt stops, I will. For now, I'll say it was so much fun! The weekend in Chicago was a blast. The Dave concert was great (not one of his all time Best Ever, but that's a good thing- if they were all Best Ever, you'd never actually know a best ever. You see my point here?) and we saw a baseball game (White Sox won!) and we spent time with the Hajeks and their family. It was grand.

The movie went beyond my expectations. I don't know if they could make a Harry Potter film that would really blow my mind, unless they made each film anywhere from four to six hours long, depending on the book length. For what they had to convey in less than two and a half hours, I say "bravo!" to the filmmakers.

That's really it, I guess. That and the small announcement I think I'll make tomorrow. That and the fact Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows COMES OUT IN THREE DAYS. At least it comes out in three days if you plan to be at a bookstore, Friday, at midnight. Which I do.

And I'm knitting! Calorimetry from this Winter's Knitty. I've had to frog and start and over three times now- this is what happens to skill and learning when you go almost a month with no real knitting. Let that be a lesson to you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi mamsita!!!! I'm back...kind of...I am in dial-up hell and am having issues posting...but anyway- IIII MISSSSS YOUUUUU :))))

I just got the biggest chuckle, seeing what your secret pal left you- how small is the world? *grin* ...she has good taste!

Would you be so kind as to send me your phone number to my email address? I lost everything with the move (that's my story, I'm sticking to it!)

brooke_stewart@bellsouth.net

I have your package still and am still hoping to meet up with you soon :)

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Visiting from Anna's blog because I'm nosy about her SP10 pal.

Nice to see another Harry fan, too. Only a couple days to go now! I'm both excited and filled with dread about this.

- Anna's friend Erin.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home