Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Project One- Finished!

Haha. My scarf for my grandmother is done. Lalala.



When I finished last night, I questioned to fringe or not to fringe. The yarn is Lion Brand Homespun and while a) beautiful colors and b) surprisingly soft, it did not recommend itself to fringing. The ends-to-be-sewn-in had that raggedy fraying look. Fringing would be a bad decision, I insisted. There was no way to do it. Even when Miz Knotty suggested adding knots at the end of each fringe to keep it from fraying. But... I hate fringing. So I did not fringe. It looks nice anyway, yes?

Part of my no-love-lost-for-fringe leads me to finish the baby hat (to go with the gawjus baby blanket, if I do say so myself and I do, 'cause I just did) tonight, instead of leaping into the still-to-be-seamed-and-fringed Harry Potter scarf. Tho' I know it must be done. Really. It must be. By my hands. Unless there is some lovely knitter out there with a hankerin' to fringe... yes? No. Huh.

I realize I am technically a day behind as I didn't finish my first project until last night. Still, I am no longer taking pictures of toilet paper rolls, so I regard that as improvement.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hahaha!!! Nice toilet paper roll, lady! I like your idea of barricading yourself in to finish projects :)

I've got your package ready to send, I'll probably put it in the mail for you on Monday :)

Hooray for packages! :)

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home