Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm a Woman of the Cloth

Back in the habit, y'all, that's what I am.

Erin, who's recently been discovered in Burlington knitting cycles, and, sadly, is blogless (write your congressman!), has inspired several of us. She and her Ballband Dishcloth have got the masses (Miz Knotty and me) flocking to our local Michael's and even Wal-Mart for our Sugar n'Cream and Peaches n'Cream dishcloth cotton.



And turning out beauties such as this:



Might I point out, this dishcloth, which calls for size 7 needles and which I decided to knit on size 7 needles, will clearly, with my loosey-goosey ways, be bigger than all belief? But that is alright, because my dishcloth is always just the right size.

Again, I cannot emphasize it enough, I LOVE MY DISHCLOTHS. I just do, it is a love that dares speak its name and it makes me so happy. There is no explaining it.

So I'm already plotting out my next one of these. And- AND!- how did I miss this? am I really paying this little attention in day-to-day life? (chances are good)- I've *discovered* Knitting Pattern Central (or KPC, keep it on the DL, y'all) has an entire page of free dishcloth patterns. Dozens and dozens and dozens of patterns. I was almost a little light-headed looking over them.

So even though I'm still working on finishing this lovely mess o' lace



and even though I've cast-on yet another pair of socks, I am back in the land of cotton. Where I belong.

Off subject completely, but in these last few weeks of American Idol mania (I don't even link it because, who hasn't heard of AI?), The Hubba came up with a GENIUS plan. It was shortly after we heard (not being people who actually watch AI but who live in, you know, the world and so can't help but hear about it) Bon Jovi had appeared on the show (they are not, as it last seemed, dead) and not only performed but had a 333% (honest to goodness) boost in sales due to said performance. Seriously. Their last album, from 1936, shot back onto the charts due to this one five minute appearance. And so The Hubba, with that Grinch-like glint in his eye, looked at me and said "I know what we need to do."

"We need," he said, while strolling around the living room, hands clasped behind his back, "to get a few chapters of your book into the hands of someone, anyone on American Idol and have them read it on stage. It would be an instant success."

I looked at him. I laughed. I laughed hard. I told him how funny AND clever he is. He did not laugh, but he stopped pacing. He shrugged, looking a little sheepish, and said "I don't know. It seemed like a good idea. But... it's crazy, right? Nuts?"

And we both laughed.

Except... I mean... if anyone out there IS going to be on American Idol, well, maybe-

Look just email me if you decide to audition.

neighborknitter@we'lldoanythingforacrackatStephenKing'smillions.com

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

I think your dishcloth is looking loverly! I finally got rolling on mine and love how it looks. I just hope the intended recipient will too.

Barkley looks fab in his house colors! That is an adorable snap. The scraf is GORG!

Your lace is NOT a mess. I think it is great and I really admire you willingness and skill to take it on so early in your knitting career.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I could only sing, and was twenty years younger, or if I could only look like I could sing and was twenty years younger I would definately take your novel to AI and read a whole chapter while Simon looked at me with amazament wanting to know "where can I get the next chapter"..but I can't sing and I'm too old... find an agent !!! I have a friend who self-pulblished her novel?!?! Love your puppies.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh lord!! You've found the dishcloth pattern link...*grin* I can only imagine the results :P You're awesome!!

Oh, and "Call Me. ah-ah, you can call me any day or night. Call Me" (Insert music from the Blondie song..) :P haha!

I'm telling ya, you're going to be surprised! (and I can't seem to find your number in my stack of emails, or I'd call and pester you)

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well darling I will definitely buy, but AI is out of the question LOL. OH I love your knitting, the cloth colors are wonderful and that lace OMG I can't wait to see it all stretched out.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home