Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Someone Stop Me Before I Start Channeling Maria

On this rainy day in Burlington, when I've no work to go to, groceries to buy, dry cleaning to get or library books to return, hoping they won't notice it's two weeks late, here are a few of my fav-o-rite things:

Spend the whole day in pajamas. That's right. The whole day. Mind you, I showered, so the pajamas are different now from when I woke up this morning. Still.

Watch themed movies. First, I saw the third episode of Showtime's The Tudors and marveled over the fact that cable TV can take a subject like fifteenth century British royalty and turn it into The Sopranos. Next came both parts of the Elizabeth I with Helen Mirren, slightly classier than The Tudors but still a lot of cleavage on display and loss of body parts.

Knit on this:




and loved it. In theory that mess o' green lace will one day be the Arrowhead Stole from Interweave Knits.

Drink lots of hot tea with real sugar. Maybe ate a few Keebler Elf Fudge Grams too. Just a couple. Sometimes they stick together when you only planned on one. What are you gonna do?

On a day like today, you're going to eat them, that's what.

Happy Windsday!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ask..."what are you gonna do" so I answer....work on the next Great American Novel!!! What a day to knock out four or five chapters. Will you be going to the library this Sunday after noon to listen to Margaret Maron (NC author of 20 or so novels)? Should be interesting and free, but you have to call for tickets.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Sounds like a fun day. The weather was great for fish, frogs and turtles yesterday wasn't it? That looks terrific! Glad that you changed to something that you're comfortable with. You should be so proud of yourself. BTW - I'm still giddy over the yarn I purchased. Will be in soon to wind it all into gaw-jus little cakes o'yarn. You were right about not bringing all that I had to wind, I forgot to bring the Berroco Alpaca that I bought last week! DUH! See you tonight.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home