Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Viva Las Vegas!

Well, I think it's time to tell you

in less than four days The Hubba and I, along with our great friends Dave and Renee, will be winging our way to sunny Las Vegas. For what you ask? Good times, good food, good company.

Oh, and two nights of Dave Matthews Band. HOORAY!

Friday and Saturday night in Vegas just me, Matty, Dave, Renee, 12,000 screaming fans and the band.

I can hardly focus on my knitting for my excitement so I had to go ahead and share. Especially as the tickets came today.



Hallelujah!

Speaking of great things in today's mail, a big thanks to my Sockret Pal whose package arrived today.


(Perhaps I got a tad excited about my gifts and unwrapped the chocolate before I remembered to take pictures.)

Besides the chocolate, there's an adorable sock-shaped change purse, two types of row counters (one shaped like a frog- Miz Knotty, you'll love it!), two balls of Sevilla ribbon yarn, a hank of outrageous Jitterbug sock yarn in bright and brilliant pink, purple and blue - love it!



And, of course, a fantastic pair of handmade socks.



Which I'll be wearing tomorrow.

Thank you Devorah!

What a great day.

I'll add to all this exciting news, I realize I've not posted a lot lately and, I'll tell you, I've been so busy writing on my book, I've not felt that extra bit of blogger energy. Have I mentioned this before? If not, I'll say, I'm writing a book. It's a bit of a *thing* for me, saying it online. Remember the kid in school who wrapped his arm around half his desk so you couldn't see his work? That's how I've felt about this project. However, lately, it's been brought to my attention it's problematic to want to have a published book and at the same time not want a single person to read it. Something to do with contradiction and mixed energy, I've been told ;-).

Point is, I'm back in the book (it's been laid down off and on for the last year and a half) and it's going swimmingly and I'm finally taking a breath to remember how much I love posting here too! And I really appreciate anyone (coughDadcough) who's kept checking back every day even when all signs pointed to the fact I might never blog again.

I'm back. And I'm going to Vegas. And I've got a pair of handmade socks just for me! And, I swear, what happens in Vegas will be on this blog...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

WOW WEE! That looks like a fun trip. You have a great pal and I can't wait to see that froggy row counter. I, like your dad, check in every day to see if you've posted and I get excited when I see new text! :-) Great to hear that you're back at the book. In my best Austin Powers "Have a fab-u time in Vegas baby! YEAH!"

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, what's the big idea, not posting....ummmm...OK, I'll shut up now :P haha!! Woo-hoo! Vegas AND new handmade socks- it's good to be queen, huh?

That's awesome your book is coming along, what's it about, by the way? (this is me peeking over your shoulder at what's on your desk!)

Check out MoA KAL- Contest time!

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vegas?!?! I can't wait to read all the sordid details!!! Have fun!!!

A book...what's it about?

And why do I now feel obligated to say hi to your dad?

Hi Dad!

Your Secret Pal 10

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home