Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Good Times in Vegas- Step One

Step One to A Fantastical Trip to Vegas?

Hang with celebrities.

I'll start by saying I've never met anyone mega famous. Really. Especially not of movie or rock star caliber. And I've always asked myself the question "Will I be cool when I meet a celebrity?" The answer it seems is no, no I will not.

Now. Does anyone remember the specific reason we went to Las Vegas? For a little group called Dave Matthews Band. Uh-huh. Well. We met someone famous. Someone SO famous. Someone who might- oh God, how can this be true?- mean jack to you, but... well...



That girl there with the weirdly smushed face? That's me. That cute fella in the green shirt? That's The Hubba. That six foot four Sex God in the middle? That's Boyd Tinsley.

BOYD TINSLEY Y'ALL. As in Boyd Tinsley on the violin. As in Boyd Tinsley OF the DAVE MATTHEWS BAND.

We met him . The Bryants (that's us ) and the Hajeks (below)- we met him.



WE MET HIM. IT was AWESOME. I can't quite describe it. We were in Bally's (our hotel) in front of the Bally's Spa (whole 'nother day's post) and Renee looks over and says, face frozen "OhmyGodthat'sBoydTinsley."

At which point, all four of us calmly walked over, introduced ourselves, shook hands, and said intelligent, witty things about the band in general and Boyd specifically.

That's such a lie. We went crazy. Matt and Dave had big stupid grins, Renee's eyes were as big as her face, and I, I'm sad to say, might have jumped up and down and clapped my hands.

But y'all, this is Boyd Tinsley. The man who rocks it out on the violin with DMB. He's AMAZING. And gorgoeous and, it turns out, the nicest person ever. As foolishly as we behaved, he just smiled and spoke nicely and shook our hands and when Renee asked if we could get picutres he said "yes." HE SAID YES. Did you see them? Did you see the pictures?





And for the rest of the weekend we were insufferable. Such as a the concert that night every time Boyd stepped up to jam it out we shouted a variety of things like "Hey Boyd, we're over here!" and "He's just playing to impress us!" and "That's Boyd- my brother from another mother!"

It was- just- it was- wow. We were all shocked and thrilled and mushy brained after. And Boyd, calm as could be, thanked us, told us to enjoy the night's show, and walked into Bally's work-out facility and got on the treadmill.

It took all the power we had not press our faces to the glass and stare.

Also, if anyone wants to play a little quiz, I ask you:

Who said the dumbest thing to Boyd?
A. Dave Hajek "We've seen you in concert 67 times" ?
B. Renee Hajek "We've traveled all over the country to see you more than 60 times"?
(to both these statements he said "really?" and smiled nicely)
C. Matthew Bryant, aka The Hubba, "You were really good last night"?
(to which Boyd said "thanks" and smiled nicely)
D. Em Bryant, aka neighborknitter, aka me "You look even taller on stage"?
(he laughed)
Bonus point if you pick "E- all of the above"

Look out for Step Two tomorrow....

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Little Fire said...

Em, everything you say is cool, whether it is in a British accent or not :) that is so cool that you got to meet someone so famous. I got to meet Kathy Mattea in Nashville, does that count? You and the hubby look so happy! YEAY!! so glad your trip is going well. No worries about me, I know that I am nearly there, I just get really tired sometimes. I have a wierd genetic deficiency that keeps me below par sometimes and then stress doesn't help. But I have bounce-back-ability so I will be fine :) Keep us all posted on the coolness in Vegas and remember to take a pic when you win the jackpot! Oh and one of those ladies with the feather headdresses. I think they're brilliant...lol!

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe...this makes me giggle.

Secret Pal

1:05 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Hi Em
I can't find an email addy for you...could you tell me what a prefec has to do? You left a comment on my blog asking if I might be one for HP KAL for Hufflepuff House. If you could let me know what that would involve I could give you answer.
sewsew23ATcomcastDOTnet

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eli picked E for the quiz!! You are just too funny, woman!!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home