Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Good Times in Vegas- Step Two

Step Two to a Fantastical Time in Vegas?

Live like a celebrity (even if you can't behave like one).

For instance, have a limo, secretly arranged by two fabulous, extra-sneaky husbands, pick you up from the hotel.



Perhaps, though, it is best to travel with someone other than myself, who might have a tendency to say things like "I've never been in a limo before!" and "what do all these buttons do?" (as spiritual rock blares into the car) and "I bet everyone thinks we're famous-hahahaha-snort" (cue hand clapped to mouth moment).

At said hotel,



don't be shy. The Hajeks walk straight up to the hotel clerk, tell him their names and ask, cheerfully, "So what kind of upgrades can we get?" Seriously. I could never do this. Ever. I'm nearly in floods over just asking for a room. "A room? Well, I mean, yes I booked one, but, you know, I'm not stuck on it or anything. Just any old room will do. Broom closet? Why not?! I don't have enough chances to sleep standing up!" Not Dave and Renee. After only a few minutes we had all been bumped up (for a nominal fee) to a suite. They are the adults I want to be when I grow up.



It was shocking. Sure the decor was total Vegas, but the size of the place! The fact we weren't tripping over suitcases in an attempt to walk from the bed to the bathroom was shocking. I left without a single toe-rammed-into-bedframe induced injury.

Speaking of bathrooms



Ours had light sensors. Again, I say, seriously. The "why" I cannot explain, but when you walked within about two feet of the open-floor bathroom lights came on! Which was cool at first. And a bit tricky when those of us with small bladders had to pee at three in the morning and those of us with hibernating bear like tendencies jerked awake, growling, "What? WHAT?"

Not to mention



the bidet.

The Hubba was unconvinced.



Yet even while surrounded by these nifty treats and amenities, I'll show you the reason The Hubba and I are not, now or ever, surrounded by paparrazi.



The extended-arm camera shot. Can you say CHEESE?

Stay tuned for the final Step to Vegas- The Bryant to Hajek Connection! Livin' like Paris, Britney, and Lindsay, but with underwear!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laugh-snort at your husband's reaction to the bidet.

Your Secret Pal

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!! It looks like you guys had a blast!! I totally dig the Vegas decor...it's all part of it, know what I mean?! ...and the bidet...you just gotta love a good bidet!!

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the bidet must have been the European touch in the room. Girl, you guys did good. I am the same as you tho when faced with admin people in hotels, etc. Totally clam up, practically say 'Yes Mummy!' to them. You two are the cutest couple ever and nothing like an extended arm shoot to capture the mo' like the pap never could :)

More lessons please, I am taking notes for when we are all rich and famous!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Cute as can be (the pics) and terribly fun to read. Thanks for sharing your vaca with us! Can't wait for the 3rd installment.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home