Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Inspiration!

First, a totally delicious and unsuspected gift from my first Sockret Pal.



Six balls of sock yarn (three total sets), two pairs of DPNs (size 1 and size 0- perfect!) and a box of green tea! WHOO-HOO! But not just that. One of the most gorgeous pairs of socks I've ever laid eyes on.



These socks thrill me. Not only do they fit perfectly, not only do they have a lovely design, but there's a little something else. I can't explain why, but something about the colors of the yarn tickles a nice, but vague memory- something from when I was five or so, maybe even younger. Isn't that weird? Almost like having a dream, in that you can't place it, but you can sort out what the feeling of it is. These socks give me that feeling and it is lovely. Thank you so much Sockret Pal One! You are too, too kind.

Speaking of dreams, we finally finished season five of 24 last night and I say, Thank God. Last night I had 24 filled dreams. Most conversations on the show are something like:
Jack (talking into the little earset thing he wears): I'm going to have to diffuse this nuclear bomb right here.
Chloe (making her little twisty face): You only have three minutes before it goes off.
The rest of CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit): Jack, you have to get out of there!
Jack: Millions of people will die if I don't stop this.
For some reason, he always gets really growly on the word "die".

My dream was more like:
Jack: We've got to get this shawl started.
Chloe: Jack, you've only got three minutes to cast-on 140 stitches.
The rest of CTU: Jack, you've got to put the knitting down!
Jack: Millions of people will die if I don't stop this.
I can't explain why the knitting and the nuclear bomb threatened the same outcome.

Still, I'm glad to be shut of Jack and crew for a little while, at least until season six comes out on DVD and the whole sick dance begins again.

Finally- Inspiration! In my continual angst of "I've Never Met a Sweater Pattern That Didn't Intimidate Me" I found The One. Interweave Fall 2006- Glasgow Lace.



I LOVE this sweater. I've bought the yarn and everything. I'm actually looking forward to casting-on. It's a whole new day.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Fire said...

Hello love,

how are you? sorry I haven't been around much recently but thank you for the words of support. they mean so much more than you could know. things are chugging along here...knitting helps :) how was your easter? can't wait to see your progress on the lacy sweater/cardi! looks gorgeous. you shouldn't be afraid of sweaters, they are just big rectangles with a few increases and decreases, all sewn together. waaaaaaay easier than socks. I had knit 3/4 jumpers before I ever plucked up the courage to knit socks...even mother warned me against socks 'til I was 'seasoned' :) You are going to do great.

knits and purls,
hugs and kisses,
Parisa

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home