Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Pass Me the Ritalin

In a bizarre moment of knitter ADD (bizarre for me at least) I've started a fourth project.

We know I'm working on this:



and I think I've mentioned frogging this and starting over a sweater for The Hubba:



and, of course, the mystery gift, behind door number two, that you cannot see.

I'm pretty well stocked with knitting right now and it's a great variety of projects. I work on the stole when I only need to pay some attention, the sweater, with it's rows and rows of stockinette stitch, when I'm paying no attention (particularly beneficial during exciting television shows) and the double-secret probation project when I want to concentrate.

There is absolutely no explanation for the sudden and strong impulse that seized me yesterday to make this baby blanket for our friends, the Hajeks:



They don't know the baby's gender so I picked this Cascade Sierra (in an eighty-twenty cotton-wool blend) in a honey-gold color:



This comes on the heels of a month that I've not felt knitting inspired. The desire, it appears, for yarn and needles, is coming in feast or famine mode (good to note, I also have this feeling towards chocolate though I tend to feast far more than I famine) and at the moment we're feasting.

So far I'm not feeling any "too many projects'' nerves. I have high hopes for finishing everything I've started. I won't be starting anything new until I've finished one or two of these. I'm sure this isn't the start of a new (bad) habit. Everything is fine. And I'll be knitting again momentarily. As soon as my eye stops twitching.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe you NEED a variety of projects or you get bored. At least, that's the explanation I have for not quite finishing my super secret project for...um...you. :o) Maybe if I start some new stuff that I will be motivated to finish the old stuff too.

SP

9:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

THEY FINALLY SWITCHED ME OVER ON BLOGGER....gasp, choke, sputter... :)


...nice knitting , by the way :)

xo

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah that's what we all said, 'we won't start any more projects until..." LOL and then we end up with 10 different ones all hidden in baskets somewhere LOLOL. Welcome to knitter's world LOL.

Hugs!!!!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home