Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Killer Instinct (or lack thereof)

The Harry Potter KAL is coming along swimmingly, but, unfortunately, we recently had to pick a winner for the first contest. I'm not a person for picking one from many. It had to be done and it's exciting to think about the person who thinks "me, they chose me!" but there's also the part of all the people who didn't win that bothers me. Do you think that's how Communism started? Maybe no one was really thinking about right to land, and dead peasants and starving children. Maybe there was a contest for some land and Marx (Karl, not Groucho) couldn't decide.

Marx: Oy Vey! [he seemed like an "oy vey" kind of guy, don't you think?) I don't know!
Second in Command: We've got to pick one.
Marx: Just one?
Second in Command: Just one.
Pause.
Marx: Maybe we pick one out of the hat, yes?
(Lots of eye rolling, foot shuffling and exaggerated throat clearing from his followers.)
Second in Command: No, Karl. We've got to choose.
Muttered, under someones breath: Could we get Groucho to run this mess?
Marx: What? What was that? Oooh... I don't know... maybe... maybe they all win, yeah? Maybe EVERYBODY wins. That's it. Everybody gets the same amount of land. And then I don't have to pick, no one feels bad, and I can get a nap.

Maybe?

Annnyway, we did pick a winner- actually, maybe we picked two winners. *Cough*

I would make a lousy shark.

Good news is, it's the weekend! Whoo-hoo, it's the weekeeennd!- sung to the tune of "Hey, hey it's the Monkees!"

You've got that song in your head now, don't you?

"And people think we monkey around."

You'll be singing it all day, huh?

"But we're too busy singing, to put anybody down!"

My gift. To you.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You see, I got lucky- I had Eli picking the name out of the hat for the MoA KAL prize...whew!! Dodged that bullet...you commie! *grin*

8:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Emmmmmm...IIII...missssss....youuuuuu :)

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home