Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Pal O'Mine

Once again, my compulsive drive to join secret swaps has paid off. Check out what my Secret Pal 10 pal sent me:


The first peek in the box- always exciting.


Handmade goodies- crochet scarf and matching bag. How cute are they?


The BEST book and a gorgeous hank of yarn to go with it from Lamzie Divy Woolens. The color is "Jeans" and I luff it.


All the non-knitting goodies, including candles, chocolate, lotion, and personalized notecards- could it get any better?

What a haul! And what lovely, lovely presents. If I had to pick my two favorites (which I don't have to because they're all mine- hahahaha) I would say the bag and the book are just the best. Thank you so much!

There has been a demand (or at least one politely phrased request- here's for you Knitty Yoda and Son Yoda!) for more pet shots and I tried to get a few new ones. However they all came out looking like this:



If I didn't know Barkley to be such a polite dog, I might think he was telling the photographer to "eff off".

I'll have to try again later; stealth tactics might be required.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realize now, as I look at the abandoned fabric on my sewing machine, that I forgot to line the bag. So you may have to do a little work yourself in order to make it functional. Sorry about that.

I had fun putting it together for you. Now on to working on #2. :o)

Give Barkley a scratch behind the ears and tell him I think he is absolutely a handsome boy.

SP

4:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lucky girl :) Swaps just plain ol' rock! I just got that book as well and am thinking about making the Travelers Socks (I think that's what they're called- towards the end of the book)- after Boudica, of course ;)

Talk to you soon-

xo

P.S. Did you check out Parisa's Unicorn Bag? -so cool! We really must learn how to crochet :)

6:03 PM  
Blogger Little Fire said...

Hello love,
Oh man, is it me or am I seeing purple and blue everywhere right now? Even in my bag I chose them. Such a great parcel and handmade gifts too...lucky ducky!! Finals are going OK so far, my heart isn't in it which ironically makes it loads easier to just do it and be done :) Definitely check out the book, it is too lovely...lovely is definitely the word, very quaint, elegant...you want to drink tea while reading it or atleast wear gloves, lol! Hope you are well, how is the lacy shawl coming on? So impressed by your lace knitting skills girl!!

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL when I saw the pic I immeditely thought of a pirate saying Arrrrr LOL.

What a nice swap pal you had!!!

Hugs!!!!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home