Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

Not a lot of knitting to report, due mainly to my hideously annoying, "one project at a time" attitude. The HP scarf is still on the needles, and finally going along smoothly (oh, I hope, I hope!).



I'm working on Christmas gifts right now. Finished an entire project yesterday through determination and listening to Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix on CD. I can't be too specific here, but things got funny (weird funny, not haha) and I'm going to frog most of it. I'm telling you, if I didn't love to knit, it'd drive me to drink. Wait, what's that...



Oh well. Never mind.

I have a Magic Loop Sock class coming up, taught by none other than the the great Yoda. She suggested, due to nerves, (even Jedis have nerves, ya'll) she'd like to do a test-run class with me. At which I bit back my "Yes, please!" and shrugged nonchalantly and said, "if you think you need it." Such a pretense. I want to start my socks badly, I can practically taste the cotton-acrylic blend.



I woke up Monday morning, ready to schedule a test-run and get my hands on some size-2 Addis. Instead I was horrified to discover Knitty Yoda's husband (I'm tempted to call him Mr. Vader) assured her she is a great knitter who needs no practice, who is a natural teacher, and she shouldn't worry and now- blast him!- I just have to wait for Saturday like the rest of them ("them" being all the people Knitty Yoda did not offer to teach Magic Loop five days early). Score one for Thoughtful Husbands, none for Desperate Knitters.

So I'm a bit knitting stumped right now. What else, what else... er, how about this weather? At the moment it's raining constantly so The Hubba and I are on constant Wet Paw Alert. The dogs are getting nervous.



I think they want me to find a new knitting project. Immediately.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

You are really chugging along on the HP scarf!
I enjoyed seeing your glass of wine - it's nice to see someone enjoying good things while I must abstain.
(Did you notice that Miz Knotty has posted?!?)

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the class for this Saturday filled? Is if for two socks at one time? What time is the class? I'm "thinking" it would be nice to knit two socks at one time, then I wouldn't have all these lonely socks without a mate. I love your blog.
Linda W

8:23 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Hello Linda W!
The class this Saturday is not filled (almost, but there's one space left), it is two socks at once, AND it's toe-up, so you can determine your cuff length. The Lovely Ann (who commented directly above you, as I'm sure you've realized!) will teach it and the times are 12-2pm this Saturday and next Saturday (28th). Hope to see you there! I'm at the store tomorrow if you'd like to call and reserve it or leave a comment here- I'll check!
SO glad to hear from you!
Em

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em-
saw your comment on M-D and just wanted to say "howdy!" So, um, howdy!

Ain't nothin' wrong with being a misplaced Knoxvillian, tho. Even though I'm not a native, I still miss it quite a bit every now and again.

Love your dog. Love the scarf.

Cheers,
Adrienne

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home