Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

I Am Victorious, Part Two

"Success didn't spoil me, I've always been insufferable." Fran Lebowitz

First, might I say: GO AUBURN! TIGERS ROCK! If you're a fan of the SEC you already know why I'm writing this and if not, I'm sure you couldn't care less. So I won't attempt an explanation, but I'd like to send a great big shout-out to Miz Knotty and her War-Eagle.

UT was off this weekend, but The Hubba and I made up for the lack with the Auburn game. You might have heard us yelling. I'm convinced our neighbors think we're crazy. Or else have a regularly scheduled Saturday night fight where we shout things like "Are you kidding me?" "Throw the flag, ref!" and "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

Second big news of the weekend:




They're finished! Not blocked, but, of course, I'm already wearing them. I expected to feel a little more Debbie Gibson/Michael Jackson/Madonna circa 1988 with them on, with urges to put my hair in a side ponytail, find some acid-wash jeans, and purchase a pair of shoulder pads. None of the above happened, but I do feel a few early nineteenth century stirrings, including the desire to speak in a mediocre English accent and have The Hubba bow a lot and kiss my hand.

Glad they're done though. Not only are they useful, I am now an expert (or at least semi-competent) at how to: a) do cables, b) do a picot bind-off and c) pick-up stitches. I admit I'm not crazy about the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky (not the Cashmerino Aran the pattern called for) I used, as it picks up fuzzies and dog hair like crazy, but they're awfully soft. Durability will be the true test.

And a question to my fellow knitters out there: how should I block these? The pattern says "block lightly" which reminds me of recipes that recommend a dash or a sprinkle. Pretty vague stuff. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Otherwise I'll end up chucking them in the dryer, probably on high heat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Maaannn... You whizzed through that second one! They look great!
Congratulations on your first cable project!
(I might not even block them myself, until they were dirty. Then I would do a gentle hand wash and lay them out to dry.)
Please, oh please tell me you are joking about the dryer in heat heat!!!!!

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I love those. They look awesome. I agree with Ms. Ann with the blocking. See you Thursday.

Hugs!!!!

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home