Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Arrrr...

The sound made by frustrated pirates and knitters everywhere. I've been feeling uninspired, knitting-wise, between the heat and the move and the heat and my yarn and needles being scattered hither and yon (that might be my first ever use of "yon"- wow) all over the house and the heat. No amount of blaming a ball winder, or lack thereof, can change the fact, I'm knit out.

But the Football-A-Long I joined is doing some charity knitting for Cubs for Kids, and it seemed the right time to do it- a sort of "By God, if I can't knit for myself, I'll knit for someone else" mentality. So I've been whipping out clothes for these bears and I've got a teeny-tiny scarf and a teeny-tiny hat to show for it. Now if I could just find the digital camera wire thingy, somewhere among these boxes, to transfer said pictures to said blog...

And flipping through an old Interweave Knits last night, I came across a pair of cabled socks by Nancy Bush and I've never done cabled socks. That seems a good potential project, something to get the old double-points moving. And just in case I need some mindless knitting, I dug out some bits of yarn to do the Felted Tea Cosy from Knitty. Because there's nothing like boiling wool when it's 103 degrees outside.

Other news, we're leaving for the beach and two Dave Matthews' concerts in three days.

I'm surprised I was able to type that and not fall out of my chair. I'msoexcited...

As I can't bring you any new dog pics (damned digital camera wire thingy) I give you a recycled shot of Howie, who seems to be thinking:



This couch is mine. MINE.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home