Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I Wanna Sock- SOCK!

"It's easy to get the feeling that you know the language just because when you order a beer they don't bring you oysters." Paul Child

Patience is my virtue. My patience is limitless. I'm practically Buddhist I am so filled with patience.
And all because of my sock. Remember the sock? Well, not only did I frog the whole thing, I decided, in a stoic fit, to knit it entirely continental style. I've knit one thing in the round using my left hand and this, I decided, would be my second. It would be faster, it would be good practice, it would try the patience of Gandhi. And thus have I done. And thus it has done.
But behold!



A sock! Made up entirely of a knit 2-purl 2 cuff and a stockinette stitch. No twisted stitches here (note: when Knitty Yoda and Mrs. Knotty and myself form our punk rock band that will be our name: Twisted Stitches).



Mind you the body of the sock looks a little big. I tried it on and it seemed to fit well. Apparently my foot is made in the same mold as Gonzo's nose. Muppets? Anyone? Anyone? Hmm...

I modeled the sock last night and had The Hubba take pictures, but his artistic tendencies escape him when photographing knitwear. There were several frightening shots of what appeared to be a severed leg wearing something akin to a legwarmer. The other pics all involved my face. So he could take pictures of my foot. I don't get the geography on this one, but I thanked him nicely then deleted all these shots.

So that's knittin' news around here. While I realize it is already Tuesday, I'd like to give two weekend shout-outs, both to Mrs. Knotty. First for her kind words regarding the frogging sock and second for her Tigers for their thrilling victory over LSU last weekend.

I wish I might add my Volunteers to this group. Ya'll it was heartbreaking. It was a good thing I wasn't knitting during the game; I'm certain several DPNs would have been broken to bits.

2 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

I left you this huge comment and now I don't see it here! Booo!!!

Anyway, I said lots about your Vols, the sock, Auburn and continental knitting. I also mentioned looking for a Muppet personality test. Found several when I Googled. I am Waldorf and Stadler (old guys in the box), Piggy and Gonzo, depending on which one you choose.

COME TO KNITTING!!!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I love it.
The Twisted Stitches.
I wanna SOCK!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home