Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Friday, September 08, 2006

I Don't Know How It's Possible...

"Eighty percent of success is showing up." Woody Allen
Ya'll we're traveling. Again. I don't know what the #&^% is going on. The previous two years I whined occasionally (re: all the time, any time someone would listen) about how The Hubba and I never traveled. Now we seem to be gone so often I'm thinking about taking a sofa cushion with me, just to remember what it feels like. The dogs are at the the kennel (AGAIN I'm sure they'd say) and we're to the point where I call and say "It's Neighbor Knitter and we have"- and the kennel-owner says "Oh! Those four! Super!" and adds another wing to the summer home she started building when we moved to the area.
Still, only two more weekends of travel (am I actually pleased about that?) before we're home for the month of Oct. So there will be more posts next week about something pertaining to knitting (really want to talk about the yarn store, just don't have time to devote to it now). I'd just like to mention we're going to stay with friends in Charleston and I've put together a little "thanks for having us package!" with banana bread, bottle of Mumm's Champagne ("You could get a whole bunch of Mumms; Meet the Parents anyone?), two dishcloths (To Be Completed in the Car) and The Best Part (the reason to have small children if only for the books): Hippos Go Berserk for their little boy. Probably the best book title ever. If you do nothing else today click on the link and check it out Amazon; it will make you laugh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Sandra Boynton's books are great fun. She also has some cd/books now that I've given as presents. THey are a big hit with the parents too.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home