Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Wish that I was on Ole' Rocky Top...

"I don't really care if my glass if half-full or half-empty- I'm just happy to have a glass." Joe Farrell

Time: Saturday morning
Weather: Perfect
Sock Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill, 100% superwash merino, color Indian Summer, gorgeous

Big Game: University of Tennessee V. California
Barkley: Running
Mood: Hopeful

A time of great joy and, I hope, knitting opportunity has come to our household. Football season has begun. My darling spouse, Formerly known as Hubba-Hubster, formerly known as Hubelicious, formerly known as Hubster now to be called The Hubba, is out of his mind with happiness. Or he will be as soon as he wakes up. Today marks our first UT football game (college of both The Hubba and myself) of the season. As this isn't a sports website, I won't dwell on that. I will however point out a few benefits to me:

I can knit during it.

That's it. That's the benefit.

I will, I imagine, lay down my needles when UT plays, but The Hubba has a whole a slew of teams he watches (thanks to the Time-Warner Cable College Game Plan Package ordered two days ago) which I don't care about, but which he prefers I "watch" with him. Last year "watching" involved him shouting "Did you see that?!" me setting my book down in my lap, trying to keep my place, sighing loudly and watching said football play, saying "Wow, that was something," before returning to my book, marked by another sigh, and trying to find my place again. Repeat this scene a few dozen hundred times a Saturday.

But not this year baby.

This year it's knitting all the way. Hold my needles still for two seconds to say "Wow, that was something" before click-clack we're right back to knit 1, purl 1. Mind you, I'll do my least challenging projects here, but with all the simple Christmas knitting I have before me, I'm sure I'll find a way to keep myself occupied.

And I can always buy more yarn.

HAHAHA.

I said: It's Great! To Be! A TENNESSEE VOL! I said: It's Great! To Be! A TENNESSEE VOL!!
(Repeat this chorus a few dozen hundred times at the close of a victorious UT ballgame. FYI: It helps if you're drinking.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Sports knitting for the less than extemely interested wife of a fan is one of the most wonderful ways to share the event. Just be careful if you drink and knit and try to keep up the minimal responses.
I say this from experience.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I LOVE Football and knitting so I am especially happy to see college and pro football begin. And next month there's HOCKEY! Hot diggity dawg! Soon you will be able to knit while looking at the tv. Oh Happy Day!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home