Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

This One Goes Out to the Yoda I Know

"The really great ones make you feel that you too can become great." Mark Twain

Excellent day spent with Knitty Yoda and Triple B (her son, who I call among other things, Big Bad Boots, from his preference to wear his mother's Wellies and pretend said boots are pants- it's a much longer explanation but we'll stop there) and got a chunk of Christmas knitting yarn bought. As it's Christmas yarn I don't even risk posting it but it's all fabulous. And by "chunk" I mean only two gifts but two gifts for people I'm nuts about so- yea!
Speaking of gifts... got my birthday gifts from Knitty Yoda! They are as such:


These are Homemade Bath Goodies- oversized tea bags in cotton each with a different herb. They smell amazing and were made with Knitty Yoda's and Triple B's own four hands. Spectacular!
I have mixed feelings on this subject. Torn, you see, between fear if Knitty Yoda keeps on this path she will actually earn the rank of God and then nothing can stop her mixed with the plaintive wail (said in the voice of a whiny eight-year-old) "but I want more Giiiiffftts." For the moment she remains unchecked with her knitting, crocheting, mothering, garden, And sewing. I will be keeping my eye on her though. Right after Christmas.

Otherwise got my own Happy Birthday gift- my sweater to myself! More to the point, sweater yarn. Nothing decadent, but, as the tag says "One hundred percent Peruvian wool" and actually not scratchy. Not Too scratchy. The color is more pumpkin than it looks. Because, clearly, I need more ways, besides my big head and overall shape, too resemble a pumpkin. Oh, and in case I haven't said this, I'm a University of TN graduate, home of the Big Orange Vols.

I don' t care though- call me what you will, Pumpkin, Vol, girl with a weird obsession for Orange- I shall pick up that label and embrace it. If it's good enough for Charlie, Snoopy, Peyton Manning and Pat Head Summit- well then I'm proud to wear it. Over a thousand yards of yarn all for me- Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home