Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Flower Power

"I'm just preparing my impromptu remarks." Winston Churchill

So the flower washcloth is finished! And gorgeous, if I do say so myself. Not actually gorgeous because of anything special I did (it is, in fact, a half inch bigger than it is supposed to be, with uneven petals, and more than a little suspect around the corners) but gorgeous because it's a fantastic pattern (I always want to say recipe instead of pattern- is that weird?) and the yarn is the softest thickest cotton chenille.
Not to mention, my Knitty Yoda showed me a little of this "Magic Loop" technique to finish so I didn't have to use my size 6 double-pointed needles. I wasn't entirely averse to the size 6 DPNs except I don't have any and I find DPNs far too fiddly. Impressive, sure, but let's be honest, its not like my novice skills would impress anyone except maybe my parents and they're my parents-they're impressed when I put one foot in front of the other and don't fall down.
Otherwise, we're pretty low-key here at Chez Knitter today. Lots of this:





And it seems to be working, so we're going to stick with this plan for now. Hope everyone out there has a marvelous weekend! And, should anyone need advice on how to relax and kick back feel free to email doggyknitters@wesleep22hoursaday.com. They'll probably be too busy napping to reply, but you never know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Funny, I used to want to say recipe instead of pattern too. I always thought it was because I came to yarn things after having sewn. In sewing your pattern is many, many pieces, possibly with directions, not a set of abbreviations with directions - as in a recipe.:)
The washcloth looks great!

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OKAY, when do I get one of those beautiful flower washcloths????

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home