Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I Can See Clearly Now, the Fog Has Goooone

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be." Abraham Lincoln

And you know, with all Abe went through, if he can say that, it's hard not to feel the same, isn't it?

Finally, the fog seems to have listed! I'm no longer starting a sentence such as "I really need to get that..." then trailing off and staring blankly into space, before snapping to and wondering, "What was I just saying?" I think the three nights of dead to the world sleep helped tremendously. Who knew vacation could be so exhausting?
I've finished some bang-up books, including John Grogan's Marley and Me and Marian Keyes Sushi for Beginners in the last few days. Reading, so it seems, was the only place I could focus. Excellent books, both of them, though I warn you prepare yourself for hysterical sobbing at the end of Marley. Dripping, snotty, throat-rattling sobbing. Though it might just be me.
On other news, Hubster and I are preparing to be world travelers, leaving for Old Home Week in Tennessee tomorrow. We've got the dual delight of seeing first, our very good friend and one of Hubster's overall favorite people (we'll call him Big M) graduate from the Police Academy and second, we'll be celebrating birthdays. Thrilling, I find, as birthdays are my favorite kind of holiday.
And, I'm finally back in the knitting game. Went by my LYS and picked out- wait for it- more dishcloth yarn! That's right, my love-hate relationship with this particular knit object is back on the upswing. I thank my Mystery Dishcloth group. Once I saw the lighthouse pattern I got ridiculously excited and so had to get a solid color cotton yarn and a new pair of size 7 needles (and size 8 needles, just to be on the safe side). Why the new needles you wonder? Because, I, fumbly-bumbly beginner me, taught my beachmate, A, how to knit while on holiday. And then, as a sign of my largesse, gave her my size 7 Susan Bates and a skein of North Carolina blue and white cotton yarn. Sometimes my generosity shocks even me.
This led to the perfect time to buy some quality (nothing against Susan, mind you) size 7's.
So my trip, while not impressive, looked liked this:

Also, I came home and knit up my favorite dishcloth pattern thus far (it's certainly the easiest I've done besides just plain knitting, but I also happen to think it's the prettiest- we'll see if the lighthouse knocks this pattern from its place of honor). I'll be doing a second one tomorrow.


Realize now, I'm not actually being interesting, only relating my day. I guess I'm just so pleased to have Done Something Unfogged, I can't help it. Will work to be funnier in the future. Honestly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home