Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Joy, Joy a New Project!

"It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." W.C. Fields

Thought that quote seemed appropriate after yesterday's post. Lovely, sunny day here, though this morning the fog was so bad I nearly expected a lighthouse to rise from among our trees.
Knitting news- this site has something to do with that, right? Once my sock (note the singular, it will take some time and finding a lost bamboo DPN, size 2, anyone seen it? before I start the companion) and beret are finished I already have the next great knit planned. Of course, my theory is those two pesky projects will be done by Friday- optimisim lives on.
My next project is one near and dear to my heart- one only my Knitty Yoda friend Ann gets excited about with me, but her excitement is so genuine it doubles my own. I've got all the necessary tools, including yarn (in Bordeaux and Sunburst Gold), pattern and needles.



Ready? Alright- it's the Harry Potter scarf from the first two films. The Gryffindor scarf, to be precise, which should be ridiculously long (I have 6 skeins, not just the 4 I photo-ed), and ridiculously wide and which I just want to sing loudly and poorly about when I think on it. I have not one place to wear this scarf and only about a two month period (from what my new local neighbors tell me) to need a warm scarf at all. Do I care? Ha! Ha, I say! I laugh in the face of reason. My Gryffindor scarf will be the pinnacle of all my knits so far.

Harry Potter and knitting? If only DMB would perform in my living room, while I knit, how perfect would my life be? Sigh of joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home