Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

They Say It's Your Birthday... It's My Birthday Too Yeah!

"Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all." Emily Dickinson

Thought we'd start this big day with a quote from my namesake. First a big shout-out to Parental Knitters who, you know, had me. Thanks very much for that. Another shout-out to all the other early Virgos, especially my boy Rupert Grint who was, sadly, born eight years after me and turns eighteen today. Good'on you Ron!
Absolutely no idea what my plans for the b-day are as they are entirely in Hubster's hands. This is driving me a little bit bonkers (see earlier: Virgo). Let's just say I'm a little too "hands on" to be told to go with it and see what happens. This is what I've been staring at for the last four days:



Hence, while Hubster's upstairs showering and whistling and generally driving me crazy, I'm huffing around downstairs, feeding the dogs, resisting the urge to start tearing into presents with my teeth and thinking "woe is me" thoughts. Our Martyr of Burlington.

So the great Hubster has now appeared and I've managed not to attack him and force him to tell all. It appears our show will begin momentarily. So in the words of Max, one of my all-time favorite characters of children's literature, Let the wild rumpus start! Or else heads will roll.

Alright, Max didn't say the last part, but I feel Hubster should be properly warned.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I look forward to hearing about what he planned!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Happy Birthday!!!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home