Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Monday, October 09, 2006

So. Not Quite as Planned...

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." Winston Churchill

Knitting news... hmm...

Remember this?


It was going along brilliantly until we ran into a teeny-tiny problem.

Well. Now it looks like this:




And do you recall those gloves? Right. Well, they've gone great. I mean, truly, I've loved doing the cables, the yarn is pretty lush to work with, and this is a project I'm sure I'll put to good use.

Except... for the slight disparity in this line, from the pattern, "The cool thing about these gloves is that you only need one skein to make a pair" and this:



the amount of yarn I have left over after nearly (nearly mind you) finishing the first glove, making slightly larger gloves than expected. Think less Frodo and more Shaq. Anyway, that looks like it's getting frogged and re-done on a pair of size 6 DPNs. I ask you, what's the point of all this gauge blah-blah-blah if it still comes out WRONG?

And as I hope to avoid becoming a knitter with half-finished projects everywhere, I've decided not to start anything new until I finish the gloves. No matter how much I can't wait to start this I shall refrain.

So don't you worry about ole' Neighbor, she won't be starring in "Knitter Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" anytime soon (even if she IS referring to herself in the third person). I'll hang in there. It's what we knitters do, right? A project doesn't go exactly as planned and yet we don't give up. If at first you don't succeed, frog, frog again that's my motto.

And in our Off the Needles News. The Hubba and I happen to have an anniversary coming up and, though he tries to be secretive, I think I've wormed out the truth. Now, don't say anything to him, but I'm betting this is my present. The timing's just too close. I can't imagine another explanation, can you?

5 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

That was a hilarious post!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh no!! Tis the season to be frogging, I guess ;) We're actually heading up to Tenn this week, so we weren't there for the winning Vols game, but I still worked my mojo for them from Miami *grin*

11:49 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Look forward to seeing your diamond-studded knitting bag before long!
Just had an idea - did you work up your gauge in the round or back and forth? That could make a difference in the gauge.
Would love to see you make a sweater!
(cue The Jeffersons theme, "Moving on up!")

1:16 PM  
Blogger deirdre said...

I love that our dreams and aspirations, whether knitting or diamond related, have no bounds - you dare to dream, girl!

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY G.. please start the sweater start the sweater start the sweater, I love it. I want to start the sweater LOL but I have at least 20 UFO LOLOL.
Oh I am so sure that diamond is for you. You will have one helluva bling to wear to the shop.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home