Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Welcome to the World, Baby Girl!

She's here.

She's been here for almost two weeks.

Born July 29th, at 1:07 pm, Baby B is a beautiful 7 lb, 12 oz Baby Girl. Her name is Dorothy Grace. She has beautiful blue eyes, dark hair that slowly grows lighter every day, the sweetest round cheeks imaginable and the hearts of her parents. We can't look away from her, we can't put her down, we can't seem to do almost anything else. Hence blogging nearly two weeks after the big event. If the option is "Hold Dory" or do... well, something that isn't Hold Dory, Hold Dory wins every single time. I knit for about three minutes yesterday and it was the first time since the night before her birth and, to be completely honest, I was wearing her in a Moby wrap at the time, so it didn't exactly count as not Holding Dory. She's in the Moby as I type this post, so, again, even though I'm blogging, I'm still Holding Dory. This should be the new national pastime, except I absolutely refuse to share.

I won't write more now. Announcing her presence here in this world seems like the most meaningful thing I could say right now. Instead, here are a few pictures from her amazing and illustrious little life.


About an hour after her birth with her Daddy...


Two days after her birth...


And, somehow still getting prettier every single day, one week after her birth...

I know I'm the most prejudiced person on this earth (except her Dad and grandparents) but isn't she just heavenly?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily--She is beautiful! Congrats on a healthy and seemingly happy baby!!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

She is GORGEOUS! Congratulations!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Oh Emily. She's lovely.

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, she IS Beautiful!!! Congratulations Emily!!!
Hugs and love to all,
Terry from the old knit group in Burlington

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations sweetheart...she is an absolute ray of sunshine...so pretty! I hope you`re keeping well Em, lookafter your special Mama-self!! If you ever want me to babysit, just let me know :)

4:38 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

New pictures please.... we want to see more of that beautiful baby!!!!!
Big hugs!
Other Em

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home